user_7a91f7's profile

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, April 13th, 2023 5:09 PM

Closed

Sound issues with streaming with app

Hello, We are and have been 2year XFinity cable, Internet and streaming customers. We are using the Roku access on the streaming TV’s. All others apps work beautifully but the XFinity app has consistent issues. We are looked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled and we are currently experiencing sound issues. The sound volume goes down. We exit and no other apps have the issue as the sound then goes to normal. We go back into the XFinity app and it works for awhile then issues again. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a message, you must be signed in. Please click the envelope icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ I’m unable to find the envelope as noted to further forward the issue. It is still happening & we are pretty much ready to give up! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_7a91f7, please follow the steps below and also make sure you are signed in prior to reaching out. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

No this was not handled! I was asked to send message and can’t find where! 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

I am sad to hear you are experiencing troubles sending over a direct message. Please ensure you are logged in and in the top right corner of your screen, to the left of the notification bar you should see a direct messaging icon (hovering over each icon will help locate this). Please let us know if you still experience issues locating this. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ I think I was able to send the message as requested! This has continued. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Why is Xfinity asking for customers to direct message when there are numerous complaints from customers dating back to Oct 2022 all with the same issue? This issue started when they switched from the Beta version of the app. Customer Service can't help. You can reinstall the app and it doesn't fix anything. The sound issue only happen with Xfinity. 

Really Xfinity,  how long does it take to get this fixed? Where's the care, or commitment to service?

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

You have a great question about why we ask for people to come into direct message when others have been reporting the issue for some time now. We may do this to ask account related questions, to troubleshoot directly on your specific account, or for other reasons.

We like to keep things in public as much as possible, so others can be helped out. That brings me to some questions to you to further get an understanding of your specific issue.

What is the model number if your Roku?
What is the make and model of your TV?
Are you using an external audio system like a sound bar?
Is your Roku external or a Smart Roku TV?
As much information that you can provide is greatly appreciated. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityDannyB​ supplied all this information! 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Still have issues, can’t find envelope next to bell right hand corner to direct message. Honestly we are ready to chuck the 190.00 a month services with XFinity.  

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

The problem still exists. I’ve had to re-explain, provide all the information & re-provide all the information and why can’t I just have this “handled” & by one person so it’s not this back and forth. Today’s technology should allow those helping to have access to the trail of communication so they are not starting all over with new techs each time. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

There needs to be a class action law suit started for this issue. The volume issue on Roku only happens with Xfinity, nothing else. It started when they upgraded the Beta version of the app in October 2022, and their technicians have obviously been told to act like they don't know anything about it. I personally have put in two ticket and have spent countless amounts of time on the phone and direct messages to them. No solution and they will not give you any information on when the next upgrade will happen. This shit service has been happening nearly a year now but guess what....we are all still paying are monthly bill, and mine has even gone up over this time. Realy burns me up and it is even getting worse over time. I have family in multiple states and they all are dealing with this issue. I am using restraint while writing this since I am realy pissed to be paying $150 a month and have to keep turning the channel off and on the listen to the F-n show.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Another thing that burns me- when I came to XFinity they advised that the fire stick that we used would not work with their streaming. They advised that the Roku streaming device were compatible so we purchased them for the other TV’s. Then they change their app and those changes then allow the firestick to work but the one they suggested now doesn’t work!!!!! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We have been Comcast customers for over 30 years.  Always with cable boxes.  Switched to Xfinity stream about a year ago and have been having the same sound issues as being discussed in these forums: sound goes out of sync, sound gets loud, sound gets soft, etc.  We have 4 Roku streaming sticks, all with the same issues, only with the Xfiniyt streaming app.  All the other apps work fine.  Clearly an intermittent issue with the Xfinity streaming app.  Comes out of nowhere.  Very frustrating.  We as Xfinity users are paying a lot of money each month and are getting more agrivated by the lack of serious reponses from Comcast.  Just saying our tech team is working on it for months and months is not a solution.  The only option for us as customers is to change to another provider.  No one wants to do that, but just trying to sit down and watch a program with the sound jumping all over the place randomly, is extremely disapppointing.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

agree extremely disappointing! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_c25138 We are sorry to hear about the continued trouble with your Roku streaming sticks. If we may assist, please create your own post, so we may troubleshoot there. We look forward to your post.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here