danachit's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, April 29th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

So away from home...Still no way to access my Xfinity on a TV?

In my mountain cabin where i have internet, is there any way at all, aside from watching on a laptop or ipad or iphone, to access my main house xfinity account to watch recorded or live shows?

What about a smart tv where I could pull up the xfinity website? 

I also have Roku and the app shows I can't access my xfinity apart from my main home internet.

With what xfinity charges and so many people cutting the cord, (and us now thinking about it) xfinity really needs to fix this issue and allow me to take my xfinity account with me when I'm away from home.  

Hoping to hear any ideas...thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@danachit wrote:

In my mountain cabin where i have internet, is there any way at all, aside from watching on a laptop or ipad or iphone, to access my main house xfinity account to watch recorded or live shows?

What about a smart tv where I could pull up the xfinity website? 

I also have Roku and the app shows I can't access my xfinity apart from my main home internet.

With what xfinity charges and so many people cutting the cord, (and us now thinking about it) xfinity really needs to fix this issue and allow me to take my xfinity account with me when I'm away from home.  

Hoping to hear any ideas...thank you

Searching this Community Forum for 'smart TV xfinity stream app' this article pops up as well as other relevant threads identifying supported Smart TV's:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/ANSWERED-How-to-install-Xfinity-Stream-App-on-Smart-TVs/ta-p/3171780

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you! I DID see that but would that work in a house separate from my main house, on a different network wifi signal? Anytime I've tried to do something like that with my current setup at the cabin, it comes back with an error that I can't access it on a different network than the one at the house where our comcast account is homebased....

I was thinkiing if I got a smart tv where I could access the internet and pull up a URL of xfinity, I could access it that way......

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I thought it was publicly. Could you help me to see where I can change this? sorry...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

________
Yes. You may be able to watch on a browser on a smart tv, try it. Roku and the actual smart tv stream app are in-home replacements for cable boxes

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

I would test the browser on a tv before you buy one, I’ve never tried it. But other than that, pc or laptop to a tv via hdmi is it

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

I thought it was publicly. Could you help me to see where I can change this? sorry...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We have a ROKU TV at our lake house and we still cannot access our Xfinity account from our primary residence. This is VERY frustrating as we had Frontier while living in another state and this was not a problem. I need a dislike button for Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s not to meant to be available from home, it’s meant to be an your home cable box replacement not a travel/mobile device away from your home service

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

then why have an app called streaming???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

It still streams but with limitations

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here