lpn4's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Roku Xfinity stream won't work - error code tvapp-00231

Not able to stream any xfinity channels via the ROKU Xfinity stream. It buffers and then displays Error message TVapp-00231. Able to stream other channels on roku (netflix, prime, etc.). 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@lpn4 wrote:

Not able to stream any xfinity channels via the ROKU Xfinity stream. It buffers and then displays Error message TVapp-00231. Able to stream other channels on roku (netflix, prime, etc.). 

if still having issue, unplug the power cable on your gateway/modem for 2-3 minutes and plug back in. when it fully reconnects, try again. working?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BThomas3 wrote:
I'm suddenly having the same issue and error code. Any help?

are you at home connected to your own home wifi (not on a VPN)?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm suddenly having the same issue and error code. Any help?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also having this issue while trying to watch the debate!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@buchananj29 wrote:

I am also having this issue while trying to watch the debate!

are you at home connected to your own home wifi (not on a VPN)?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I can’t steam any live tv

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I cannot get my rich tv to stream, it was just fine yesterday

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why isn't anyone from Xfinity answering our questions? What is the use of asking if no one will help. I keep getting this error lately as well and I am upstairs inside my house on my Xfinity internet. It doesn't do it every day but does fairly often and has been doing it all day today. I've unplugged the router, shut of the tv, everything I can think of and nothing. I also made sure the app was up to date which it is.  Xinfity please help!! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Cyndersh Hi just saw this but I actually restarted my Roku app I turned it off and restarted again and now it works this happened to me as well

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have two tvs that won't stream since last night with error code TVAPP-00231. This never happened before. I guess xfinity isn't going to answer me since the the customers above comments never got addressed. I'll try and pull the power cord for 30 seconds. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_207e3c, thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page about the issues you're experiencing with the Xfinity Stream app. As an avid user of the Stream app myself, I understand how inconvenient and frustrating it can be when it's not working properly. My team can absolutely assist! To confirm first, did unplugging the power cable correct the issue on your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_207e3c Hi just saw this but I actually restarted my Roku app I turned it off and restarted again and now it works this happened to me as well

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue. Any answers yet?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_d1b4ff. Welcome to the XFINITY forums page! Thank you for taking the time to knock on our virtual door to let us know that you are experiencing the same issue with the XFINITY stream service. I will be happy to research this further and do all that I can to provide a solution in a timely manner To take a look at what’s going on, please send us a private message with your name and address by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same problem and error message. I got rid of boxes abs for a tiki so o could use the Xfinity stream app and now it says this each time I try and use it. 

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here