U

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 2:34 AM

Closed

Roku Stream app Mini Guide not in sync with channel your on. Destroys ability to move to nearby channels

Roku Stream app Mini Guide no longer in sync with channel your on.  Destroys ability to move to nearby channels, in an already difficult app to navigate! This started recently and makes this app an even more labor intensive to maneuver around.  Don’t you regression test when doing releases!

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

2 years ago

Oh, no! We want you to be able to enjoy your shows through the Roku device, @user_b65227. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to see if that would help? The main step I always recommend is to have the Roku delete and reinstall the application. Clearing the cache and cookies if possible, depending on the Roku device you have. Here is a link on how to re-activate the Xfinity Stream service on it once again https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku. 

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityJoshD​ Oh, no; has Xfinity investigated the issue and checked the program for release related issues?  The best you can offer is for me to reset four different Roku devices all having the same issue, and all that entails!  I try to help your company be aware of an issue and you give the call center knowledge transfer procedure response? Sad.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

We do not mean to upset you at all. A good part of the time, a simple reset resolves the issue. Please let us know if you have attempted these steps and we can proceed with further troubleshooting if necessary. Thank you so much! 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Listen, if you think deleting and reinstalling the application on multiple devices is simple, you are confused.  That clearing the cache requires reinstalling the software is itself an issue Xfinity is ignoring. Lastly, if it was a cache issue it wouldn’t suddenly occur on multiple devices all at the same time. 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We'd be happy to continue some further troubleshooting! If you'd like to join us in a direct message, and please be sure to include your first and last name, and full-service address.

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

No by all means continue to do nothing.  How hard is putting an IT work request ticket for a company that overcharged their cable TV customers enough to be able to buy NBC/Universal?  If this customer service continues I’ll simply drop Xfinity and get YouTube TV or something else that works.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

Deleted App, cleared cache; no change.  Mini Guide and even main guided oesn’t sync to channel you are already on making it next to useless.  Same issue on all five of my Roku devices.  What a waste of time. 

(edited)

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

<edit: spelling>
We appreciate you going through steps for us. It helps us narrow down the issue. 

There has been a recent change that may be affecting your device as the Xfinity Stream app will no longer be updated on 2017 Roku devices. 

These Roku devices are no longer compatible with the Xfinity Stream app because these models can longer support new web browsers.

Roku LT: Tyler 2700X

Roku 1, Roku SE: Tyler 2710X

Roku 2: Tyler 2720X

Roku Streaming Stick: Sugarland 3500X

Here you can find a list of compatible Roku devices: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

May I ask what is the model of your Roku device?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Hisense Roku TV 8226X, Roku Express 3700X, Roku Express+ 3931RW, Roku Streaming Stick 3920X; all with the same described navigation issues.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

So after convincing me at your stores to buy Roku devices instead of renting boxes, Xfinity expects customers to continually buy new Roku devices and Smart TVs.  Insane! Hello every other streaming option. I, and every other intelligent customer will simply drop Xfinity and get YouTube TV or something else that works.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here