sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

@jhusosky wrote:

Beleive it or not. Most places Comcast Internet is your best bet and the service is nothing like the TV which you aready know.

Good luck with Dish, I have to call them right now about the Horror show they have put me throught for the last two years. My father-in-laws altzhimers kicked into high gear about 3 months into our 2 year agreement (when he became afraid of the TV and would not watch it, and would disconnect everything as soon as we hooked it up again) and I could not get him/me out of it. They just billed me for a receiver that he hid and thats of course when I found it finally. See if they will let me send it back now. Also they will charge you to return your equipment.

I am sorry for the situation you and your father are in, but know that Comcast would likely treat you no better than Dish. Getting out of contracts with any company is a tough, often futile battle. Dish charged you for a receiver that your father hid? Comcast charged customers for equipment lost when Hurricane Ike destroyed their homes.

http://abc13.com/archive/6460278/

They also charged customers during service outages when Hurricane Irene hit.

http://www.phonenews.com/comcast-lost-service-due-to-hurricane-irene-is-act-of-god-refusing-account-credits-17544/

Only after a lot of bad press was Comcast willing to rectify the situation. If Comcast is willing to extend any courtesy to anyone its because they think its in their best interest as far as money making goes, not because they care about you at all. This is true of most companies.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Beleive it or not. Most places Comcast Internet is your best bet and the service is nothing like the TV which you aready know.

Good luck with Dish, I have to call them right now about the Horror show they have put me throught for the last two years. My father-in-laws altzhimers kicked into high gear about 3 months into our 2 year agreement (when he became afraid of the TV and would not watch it, and would disconnect everything as soon as we hooked it up again) and I could not get him/me out of it. They just billed me for a receiver that he hid and thats of course when I found it finally. See if they will let me send it back now. Also they will charge you to return your equipment.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

I am glad to see that they have removed some of the Samsung blockage.

Now come on Comcast, you could do the same thing for Roku and PS3's, it wont hurt you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Bayshun said:
Comcast charged customers for equipment lost when Hurricane Ike destroyed their homes.

They also charged customers during service outages when Hurricane Irene hit.

That was one of the last straws for me with Comcast. Our upstairs caught fire last fall, and the whole 2nd floor was a total loss. We had no insurance.  Comcast added almost $400 to my bill for one old, antiquated DVR that was in my son's room. We are RENTING this equipment from them.  If I rent my house to someone, it is MY responsibilty to carry fire insurance on it, not the renters. I'll miss the blazing fast internet, but I surely won't miss Comcast, and their "customer experience".

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I wrote them again today and the same answer, "We have no ETA to when this will be available on Roku". I gave up. You can buy Chromecast for 35.00 at Walmart. You can then stream HBOGo from your Iphone or laptop. Very good streaming rate as well. Seems Strange that Comcast won't allow it. 

@sandyandy wrote:

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

You didn't need Chrome cast. You can stream from your PC to your Roku via a few different options.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

You didn't need Chrome cast. You can stream from your PC to your Roku via a few different options.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Bayshun is right, Dish will screw you over, I know, dosen't make Comcast any better just that no Dish wouldn't help. Maybe it's got something to do with that they both use RED as there Logo color 😉

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This is ridiculous.

I pay for Comcast and HBO. Let us watch HBO Go on Roku and PS3. Bring your business into the 21st century.

I plan on terminating my TV service if this does not change.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

what can you use to cast from PC to Roku?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Interesing news...but if they were serious it would take them about a week to get this done. Probably putting on a show for the regulators as they try to get the merger done.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Found this article on the net -- hopefully it turns into good news for everyone here:

http://multichannel.com/news/content/next-tv-comcast-testing-tv-everywhere-authentication-apple-tv-roku-devices/355885

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Smith is correct. I have HBO GO on all of my devices and my TV and I have Xfinity/Comcast the same as everyone else.

Make sure when you sign in not to click on *Existing User* even though you already have an account with Comcast. When signing into HBO GO, first go online on your computer to get a HBO GO *ID* and when you sign in on your tablets and smartphones, click on *NEW USER*.

Cyn

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It seems this problem has been happening since 2011 and they still have not solved it. I have an HBO subsriction. I have Comcast. I have an XD roku player. I have the HBO Go App.

So why in the name of god can I not activate the HBO Go app? What the eff, Comast? People have been complaining about this for over three years and you still haven't solved this? Are you trying to lose all of your customers? Is it really that difficult to call up Roku, tell them you want to be added as a provider for HBO people, and just be done with it? Over 40 pages of comments of people wanting this. Isn't that enough? Or do you kinda hate all of your customers?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just added HBO to my account, and was so excited to be able to finally use the HBO GO app on my Roku.  To my dismay, Comcast/Xfinity does not support HBO GO for the Roku.  I was advised to contact my service provider and ask to have HBO GO available for Roku streaming players.  Please add Roku streaming!!!  That way I can stay in my room and my room mate will thank me for not sitting on the couch in my underwear.  It's a win win for us all!!! 

Sincerely,

Sad Roku Hermit

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here