sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Lyndagard, it's even worse they just refuse to check the little box on the provider side of the HBOGO site that says ROKU and SAMSUNG.

I am glad they have authorized FOXNOW unlike DTV.

I have resorted to watching HBOGO with my Chromecast, just grades my cheese everytime I do.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

What's funny is Comcast still claims it's about being able to support the customers, but they obviously had no problem allowing other services to work through the Roku on there. Bunch of liars, what a shameful company.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

This thread is over three years old! Way to go Comcast!

Regular Contributor

• 

280 Messages

10 years ago

I have roku's. I also had antenna, DVD players, dsl and TiVo for 10 months.

I now have TiVo mini and moca netowrk, and cheap blast for $50, + HBO for 5. I own the tivos, with lifetime, (able to afford when only pay $20 for Internet and tv for 11 months).

Run Netflix and YouTube through TiVo also.

In my area, xfinity has on demand for cable cards, and I can watch it in the TiVo mini in my bedroom. Digital economy does get on demand, they have upped the content for HBO on demand (autopsy anyone?). What is even better is the lack of monthly fee for boxes, no hd fee (can't charge on cable card, they tried), add expander for $100 bucks larger recording capacity, non if the headaches from the early x1 days, and amazon prime on bix right next to tv,

If I really want HBO go, I'll just buy an apple tv (how many think they will allow it on amazon fire tv, heehee?). Get a $2.50 month credit for customer owned equipment too.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm a new Roku 3 owner and new to HBO,  and was stunned when I tried to activate HBO Go on my Roku and found out Comcast isn't on the list of providers.

Way to go, Comcast.  Please make it available.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

@Help_Meplease wrote:
If I really want HBO go, I'll just buy an apple tv (how many think they will allow it on amazon fire tv, heehee?). Get a $2.50 month credit for customer owned equipment too.

Yes, we can all go get Apple TVs, rent/buy cable boxes, or connect a PC to a TV and get HBO Go that way. The point is that we really shouldn't have to be forced to go buy more stuff when, with little more than the flip of a switch, Comcast could allow HBO Go (for which we already pay) through the equipment we already have. They choose not to, and they should.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast has no intention of doing that.  It's illogical.  The people I talk with at least dispell believeable BS (see link below; I got some of the same reasons).  The one I liked lately was it only works on wireless devices.  I said my Roku is a wireless device.  She said no, only works on cell phones and tablets.  Oh, you mean only on a device where i can logon to Comcast.net.  She said yes, it's a technical thing and that's why they call it 'to go'.  I almost split my sides laughing.

This ranks right up there with "the federal government requires us to encrypt basic TV.  IT'S THE LAW!"  What a crock.  It's an excuse to charge me $7 or more for a set top box.  Just more *stuff* sucking electricity next to my BedRoom TV.  (http://www.fcc.gov/guides/cable-system-encryption)

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140305/14254626446/comcast-still-blocking-hbo-go-roku-now-playstation-3-incapable-explaining-why.shtml

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Agree with Smithdb -- just wait till they get the new FCC net neutrality stuff passed - then you'll need to pay extra to stream netflix or watch youtube to any device you connect via Comcast ISP...

I find the HD technology fee to be the biggest insult - let me pay extra for an HD package, provide my own HD boxes (Tivos), pay to rent your cable cards, and still pay an HD technology fee -- almost as funny as the 'Thanks for chosing Comcast' line when they answer the phone...

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

HBO Go offers ten times the movie choices of On-Demand.  There is no comparison.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Now I have two reasons to switch to another server.  Problems with Roku and not offering the SEC Network.  Everyday it becomes clearer.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just unpacked my shiny new Roku Box.  No HBO Go.  Way to Go Comast!  I would switch to Uverse but I am not mad enough yet.  About every two years, my current provider gets me mad enough to move.  Last time AT&T Uverse was so bad I moved to Comcast.  Now getting close to moving the other way.  

There really is no way to win.  They all stink.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

The recent ads Comcast put on the air confirm what we all knew: that the company just doesn't think much of their customers.

Fastest WiFi? Really?

"Do you see any buffering?" while 1) He wasn't streaming the game, 2) It was a game that is well known , and does not have online multiplayer at this time.

Shilling "2 free wifi hot spots" for Comcast Business.

I get that they're going after idiots, but yeah, it pains me to know I give this company my hard earned money. So we're going to get this "No Roku for technical/support reasons" BS until Roku caves and pays them some money, Netflix-style.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@jhusosky wrote:

Lyndagard, it's even worse they just refuse to check the little box on the provider side of the HBOGO site that says ROKU and SAMSUNG.

I am glad they have authorized FOXNOW unlike DTV.

I have resorted to watching HBOGO with my Chromecast, just grades my cheese everytime I do.

You may not be aware, but Comcast started checking the box for Samsung a while ago. Now they are not checking the boxes for the Roku and PS3.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Bye-Bye Comcast!!! Man Tongue  I let my service run out, and Dish just gave me a heck of a 2 year deal. Now I just have to figure out what to do about internet now (I'm currently tethered to my phone). DSL seems like it would be slow for HD Roku.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Maybe I'll just use Comcast for internet only.  Then I can "stick it to the man", and use their service to stream HBO GO to my TV's. 

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

It will hurt them. Comcast has invested in the X1 platform and charges extra for HD. Roku competes with these.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here