sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Edit

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I want to throw in my support for HBO Go, and the other channels that I already pay for to be made available on Roku. Comcast routinely dodges the question of why they choose to exclude Roku and other services, but I think the most likely answer is that they do not wish to risk hurting profits on their own equipment. If this is true, then please know that I like the flexibility and portability that Roku affords me, and I will NEVER purchase, lease, or rent a box from Comcast EVER; and you are further hurting your company's image (if that's even possible with as bad as it is already), as well as excluding the possibility of myself and others ever upgrading or adding onto our current service. Every other major provider has chosen to work with Roku rather than continue to oppose them. Please join them, thank you.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

After the nightmare I went through just to get HBO added to my account, to find out that I can't stream it on my roku ****es (really, you're censoring that?) me right the **** off. So here I am adding yet another loud, obnoxious voice to this never-ending forum of fellow angry customers.

Comcast, the second I have an option to replace you for internet is the second I am never paying your pathetic, horrid service another penny ever again. It's almost worth sacrificing my internet speed to go to verizon DSL and I just might. 🙂

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast #1 .... in the Worst Company in America competition, beating out such fierce competitors as Monsanto and Bank of America. It's their second win (2010 was the previous one).

Congratulations!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Wow. In looking at these posts, request for Roku and HBO Go have gone back to 2011. Being that Comcast has still not gotten on the ball with this, I'm seriously thinking about dropping this service. Looks like I might switch over to AT&T.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It's true, these requests do go back quite far and I am not getting any younger. I am one of the lucky ones that has other options so I have decided to change providers this month. Maybe its time we stop paying for less than adequate service. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I want HBO GO on Roku too!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Please allow the use of: HBO Go, Showtime Anytime and Fox Now services on ROKU. I cannot access all of the content that I pay for on the Comcast/Xfinity "On Demand" service, so I would like to view it on my TV using the ROKU box.

Thank you,

David

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Throwing in my support for Comcast authorizing HBO go on the Roku as well.  Even willing to loan you guys lube and the equipment necessary to PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ***

that is all.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

wow 2 years almost and 1900 plus posts and still its not enough.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

As of today, I have removed HBO from my Comcast service specifically because of this issue. For a long time I have held out since I really love HBO, but perhaps it isn't worth dealing with Comcast's awful policies; I would rather go without.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

As the owner of both a Roku and a Playstation 3 and as an HBO subscriber, IT IS RIDICULOUS that Comcast is denying a service that its customers PAY THEM MONEY FOR. It is no wonder that Comcast is one of the lowest rated in customer satisfaction among cable companies. They are very smart for pulling off theese massive contracts that keep customers STUCK with their service. I literally have no choice but to continute to be a comcast customer and I hate every minute of it while this issue persists. If it wernt for this, I would actually be very pleased with what I have been getting so far. But this is just so outrageous that I feel we need to be heard. PITCHFORKS UP PEOPLE!

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I must say I am surprised at how much content is now available On-Demand. It still pales in comparison to HBO Go, but it does again prove one major point. Comcast has no intention of ever supporting the Roku for any premium services. Why it chooses to support WatchESPN is beyond me. The same authentication protocol is in play. I hope the PS3 is not going to suffer the same fate. I am glad I finally made the switch to DISH.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I absolutely agree.  I pay for my HBO and Starz subscriptions.  Why can't I get them on any device I want, including ROKU.  What am I paying for?  Xfinities little monopoly?  That's not right.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Please add support for PS3

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here