sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Astonished that Comcast still doesn't allow HBO Go. DirecTV now allows it, meaning Comcast's loyal customers are the only ones being screwed over. A clear sign that they don't care about their customers and deserve the well-earned title of most hated company in America.

Way to go, Comcast! Keep up the good work!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

there are shows online on my HBO Go that are not available on Demand. I would like to stream them to any of my other devices such as Roku or Chromecast. It appears comcast does not want to allow me to watch these shows unless I am on the laptop. Is this correct?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to stream shows that are available on HBO go to my Roku.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Yes. That's exactly what the 1,800 previous posts are about.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I certainly have found it revealing that Comcast's brand was rated the worst in the nation, worse than giant poluters like BP Gas and the other petroleum companies!  And policies like blocking Roku from HBOGo are exactly what reinforce this belief -- that a company that kills customer satisfaction like Comcast does is far worse than companies that kill birds, marine life, reefs, etc.!

This is why Comcast created the Xfinity brand -- to try and get out of the deep brand hole they had dug.  But changing a name, while keeping EVERYTHING ELSE the same, has only served to drag the Xfinity name into the same hole as the name Comcast.  So that's another thing they've proverbially killed...

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

OK Comcast now that DirecTV allows activation thats another 25 MILLION people that are able to use HBOGO on ROKU while you still block us. 

COMCAST let my ROKU go! You are the last, give it up it's over (I wish)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I had no idea that Comcast still blocked HBOGO on Roku.  I added HBO to my account last night and quickly removed it after access was blocked.  I tried to cancel my cable last night as well but have to call back today since that department was closed.  I will be looking for other internet providers in my area.  Blocking HBOGO cost you a cable, hbo & internet subscriber.   Keep up the good work Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I had no idea that Comcast still blocked HBOGO on Roku.  I added HBO to my account last night and quickly removed it after access was blocked.  I tried to cancel my cable last night as well but have to call back today since that department was closed.  I will be looking for other internet providers in my area.  Blocking HBOGO cost you a cable, hbo & internet subscriber.   Keep up the good work Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I got Xfinity last week with HBO and was told at the time I signed up that HBO GO would be available through my ROKU device.  It isn't.  It's time for Comcast to drag itself into the 21st entury and get with the program!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I have HBO on my tv.  I recently received a roku for Christmas hoping I could get HBO2GO on it, but low and behold Comcast or Xfinity are not one of the cable providers that accept HBO2GO.  This is very sad.  I wanted it on my upstairs TV that has just the DTA box.  I can go to HBO2GO on the internet and watch it, but I would like to watch it on my larger TV.

Nancy

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@franceg188 wrote:

I got Xfinity last week with HBO and was told at the time I signed up that HBO GO would be available through my ROKU device.  It isn't.  It's time for Comcast to drag itself into the 21st entury and get with the program!!!

Rule #1, Comcast sales will tell you anything you want to hear in order to make their sale. I found that one out the hard way just over a year ago. They told me the same thing about HBOgo. He told me I could stream live television anywhere, including in my car as we were tooling down I95 heading to my son's.....nope. Oh, they told me so many things...whole home DVR? not really. oh, so many. After 5 weeks, I bailed and went back to Dish.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Needless to say, I am super upset that I pay out the wazoo every month for this service. And yet, I am not able to access any of the channels on my Roku. I am not taking any profit away from XFINITY, since I am a paying and for now loyal customer. I would just like to be able to enjoy my Roku to it's full potential.

Sincerely,

Super annoyed, hopes to remain Xfinity customer

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I do enjoy reading the endless comments on this topic, they are quite entertaining. However, no one on here as addressed the obvious:Comcast WILL NOT ALLOW HBO GO on a Roku because you would be by-passing their ability to charge you a $10 monthly fee for their cable box. IT'S THAT SIMPLE, it has nothing to do with routers and such and it will not change, ever. That being said there are options: #1 hook your laptop to your tv (most people don't like this but it works and Comcast cannot change the technology that allows it) #2 Use the HBO GO APP for your tablet (IPAD or KINDLE) and hook the tablet to your tv, this is what I do and works perfect, its free and takes seconds to get an HD movie up and running or door #3 Use a Chromecast (or other such device) to get HBO, this requires up front $$$ but if you really want it, so be it. Lastly an FYI - Comcast has built in software that does not allow you to stream or connect via HDMI their Xfinity APP through a Tablet or phone so save your breath!

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Chickpea, that's not the reason. I can use hbo go on my Apple TV with comcast just fine. Also the $10 comcast box does not provide hbo go, just hbo on demand - not the same thing. If I had xbox live good I could even use hbo go on my xbox...

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

@Chickpea wrote:

I do enjoy reading the endless comments on this topic, they are quite entertaining. However, no one on here as addressed the obvious:Comcast WILL NOT ALLOW HBO GO on a Roku because you would be by-passing their ability to charge you a $10 monthly fee for their cable box. IT'S THAT SIMPLE, it has nothing to do with routers and such and it will not change, ever. That being said there are options: #1 hook your laptop to your tv (most people don't like this but it works and Comcast cannot change the technology that allows it) #2 Use the HBO GO APP for your tablet (IPAD or KINDLE) and hook the tablet to your tv, this is what I do and works perfect, its free and takes seconds to get an HD movie up and running or door #3 Use a Chromecast (or other such device) to get HBO, this requires up front $$$ but if you really want it, so be it. Lastly an FYI - Comcast has built in software that does not allow you to stream or connect via HDMI their Xfinity APP through a Tablet or phone so save your breath!

Chickpea, while we all share your frustration and outrage, your reasoning is flawed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here