sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

HBO is not totally faultless in this situation because they allow Comcast and DirecTV to give HBO subscribers less then all the other service providers. I do not know how many of the 60 million or so c/dtv subscribers have HBO but I am sure it's about half or more of their total subscribers and don't want to tick off them.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

@Milsma wrote:

Spoke to Comcast customer service for some time on Friday.  "Faith" insisted that this is the fault of HBO and Roku, not Comcast - that Comcast can do nothing to help.  She didn't seem to understand that I was in fact purchasing HBO from Comcast, therefore Comcast was acting as the re-selling, middle-man, collecting a fee and therefore had an obligation.  I did get a direct number to HBO so we can call them to complain about how Comcast is treating us.  So call them up people and tell them to sell us HBO directly because clearly Comcast isn't earning their fee. 

Let's see this is the fault of HBO & Roku. I doubt it very much. Having HBOGO would do nothing but make the Roku more valauable to consumers. 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Just as an FYI I am currently watching HBOGo on my TV through Chromecast and android tablet. So pffftttt Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

What's the direct number?

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

So just to be clear, HBO Go will work via your identification as a Comcast subscriber? I have been reading up on Chromecast and it seems like the way to go.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

So just to be clear, HBO Go will work via your identification as a Comcast subscriber? I have been reading up on Chromecast and it seems like the way to go.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You can get HBO GO through Roku if you have one of at least 30 cable providers, including Dish and Time Warner.  See http://www.hbogo.com/activate/#affiliate_grid and http://www.hbogo.com/activate/#affiliate_list.  I doubt this problem lies anywhere except with Comcast.  When you call Customer Service, you're speaking to someone who doesn't have a clue.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

My understanding with the Chromecast device is you need another device (android or chrome running on something) to control it and 'send' content to it?  For the extra $60 I think the Apple TV is a better solution - and HBO Go works on it with Comcast.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

It says it works with iPad and iphone - and I do have the Chrome browser on those, plus a PC laptop that has Chrome browser.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

With Chromecast you need your andoid or IOs phone or tablet. It also works with the Chrome browser, I have both Roku and Chromecast and prefer the Chromecast for Netflix and Hulu.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Simply amazing Comcast... The roku has been out for years, yet you add support for chromst within 6 months?!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Yup. I still am waiting for roku support, for HBO go. Its already on chromecast.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

10 years ago

@SillyGod wrote:
Simply amazing Comcast... The roku has been out for years, yet you add support for chromst within 6 months?!

They did not add support for Chromecast--Chromecast uses existing authentication as it simply "casts" what your Chrome browser is running on the PC to your television. It is not the Chromecast device logging into HBOGo, it is your pc.

The point of this thread is for those of us who ALREADY HAVE the Roku, why should we have to get (and pay for) yet another device. My TV only has so many HDMI inputs.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Correct Comcast had nothing to do with HBOGo working on Chromecast

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When will Comcast allow us to stream HBO Go on our Roku? It really would be very appreciated if it could happen soon. I already pay for my HBO subscription, so what is the hold up for allowing HBO Go to work on a Roku.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here