sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you Google for doing what Comcast refused to do. Put HBOGO on my TV with the Chromecast. Dont worry about ROKU and HBOGO or xfinity app, just get the $35 Chromecast and stream wirelessly from your computer, no HDMI PC required.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

well bring aTV outside and watch things without a needed cable wire to name 1

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

@KyleNolan wrote:

@FrozenSlime wrote:

@adding my voice to the mix -- I just bought an Roku 3, got it all setup only to discover that the management @ xfinity don't support it. 

Of course, Roku also just added a FoxNow app, and whatdda ya know--Comcast also doesn't authenticate with that. This is really irritating!

If moderaters are removing posts for profanity, they are obviously reading this baord--I wish they would respond. It's been two years!

Moderators have no authority to respond with the info we all want all they are paid to do is baby sit the boards. Heck they prolly pay some college kid 12 bucks an hour to login and doit from their dorm rooms between parties LOL...

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

You make an excellent point! I moved here from MO and had Time Warner Cable there. I could even watch LIVE cable TV, ALL channels, from my iPad or iPhone. When I called Comcast before moving here, I asked them if I could watch live TV and they said yes. WRONG, only demand and only a very few channels. I also asked about HBO GO specifically and was also told YES. Again, WRONG - not even with Roku. I was also told that Comcast was entering the KC, MO market. I would suspect that they will fall on their face if their access is as limited as it is here. I do not want to bad mouth Comcast, I just wish they would at a minimum keep up with the market demand if not trying to pave a way for the future and for their entrance into new markets.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Absolutely! I want it too, and it is so unfair to the consumers. I figure the reason HBO Go is unavailable on our Roku players is because Comcast wants to squeeze every possiblle penny out of us. Their Streampix service would suffer if HBO Go was available to us.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

You should wake up!!! The programming that is available On Demand is extremely limited...basically, it sucks!!! (And so does Comcast!!)

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@ATCDAV wrote:

Thank you Google for doing what Comcast refused to do. Put HBOGO on my TV with the Chromecast. Dont worry about ROKU and HBOGO or xfinity app, just get the $35 Chromecast and stream wirelessly from your computer, no HDMI PC required.

The thing is many of us already HAVE the Roku and don't want to spend money on yet more devices...I have had the ROKU for two years. The lack of HBOGo on the Roku is one of the primary reasons I dumped Comcast for television 5 weeks after I started with them last fall.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Completely understand and agree. I tried 3 times for uverse but finally found out I am 10k from hub. So stuck with comcast. We set my daughter up with uverse. Jealous. It is awesome. They took. The 12mbs Internet to save money and I swear it is faster than my comcast 50mbs

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

@Sky99 wrote:

What HBO needs to do is drop this cable/dish exlusive nonsence and do a Netflix and all this can be avoided. They are experimenting with it in Europe a bit, but I think once they see Netflix hit 40-60 mill subs in US alone they might pull the trigger.

Why wouldnt HBO use their own service to stream? Ide pay 10 bucks a month or 89.99 for the whole year for HBO as a stand alone service.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

What HBO needs to do is drop this cable/dish exlusive nonsence and do a Netflix and all this can be avoided. They are experimenting with it in Europe a bit, but I think once they see Netflix hit 40-60 mill subs in US alone they might pull the trigger.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@commanguy wrote:

Maz

For the record Queen Evie is a customer NOT an employee.

Oh, that's very different.   Nevermind.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

But then again HBO always have old stuff on there and maybe one or two good movies.  Why are they still playing the old Terminator and When Harry Met Sally and stuff from the 90's. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the same problem. HBO GO offers past seasons. I can't access these on xfinity cable box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I want HBOGO on Roku also.  The message I got when trying to set it up was that Comcast does not support and that Comcast subscribers should complain to Comcast, which is what I am trying to do but they do not make it easy to send email complaints.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have Roku as well, and I am frustrated that I can't add HBO GO using my comcast account, since I would be able to do the same thing using FIOS. 😞  Sad sad...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here