sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

hey comcast - get your act together. i just bought a roku for the sole purpose of using it for HBOGO. now i find out (after i set it up and activated it) that i can't use it for the only reason i bought it. what is so hard about allowing HBOGO on the roku? every other provider does.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah cancer is horrible. I lost a family member to cancer. Trying to switch the conversation to make it about that low-life puts you in the same boat. We don't need lectures about RESPECT when as paying customers we've been marginalized and ignored.

Keep it about Comcast's total DISrepect for it's customers. Back to getting our voices heard. 

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I want the app to have the complete HBO library of their series programming available from now till HBO goes out of business.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

@rog286713wrote:

the only thing the app would do is provide you on demand type programming, which you should have with your regular cable box, what exactly would you like the app to be on roku that you can't already do with your cable box.?"\

Wow, that is an interesting response from a "Silver Problem Solver" I wonder if you still have your job?

Well I would like to be able to watch a HBO show without having to force the cable box to change the channel.  My old TiVo 2 still works and is hooked up to that box.  That is why I would like to use Roku. 

I can use XBox or another game system, but it gets overheated and I am sure Comcast would not but another game system when it overheats.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like you would like comcast to authorize the hbogo channel on your roku, and that would take no work on comcast's part

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

@Queen-Evie wrote:

post by ianr removed.

After being told not to use one word there was an equally offensive word substituted. It also contained an acroynm in which one letter stands for a no no word.

THIS is what gets you to respond?  1,400 messages about this issue without a peep from you, but a "no no" word gets your fingers on the keyboard?  Well, it certainly accurately reflects the priorities of Comcast.  What a shame.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just found this thread after buying a Roku 3 and setting it up along with my universal remote. VERY DISAPPOINTED in Comcast. The kind of disappointed where I re evaluate my TV provider. Ridiculous.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Need help.

I have an HBO subscription with Comcast. I want to get HBOGO on my ROKU.

What are the steps to do this?  Thanks in advance.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@CRBryant wrote:

@rog286713wrote:

the only thing the app would do is provide you on demand type programming, which you should have with your regular cable box, what exactly would you like the app to be on roku that you can't already do with your cable box.?"\

Wow, that is an interesting response from a "Silver Problem Solver" I wonder if you still have your job?

Well I would like to be able to watch a HBO show without having to force the cable box to change the channel.  My old TiVo 2 still works and is hooked up to that box.  That is why I would like to use Roku. 

I can use XBox or another game system, but it gets overheated and I am sure Comcast would not but another game system when it overheats.

Rog's reply there is from 2011, but for the record, my experience with rog's responses is that he has no patience with those who believe they should be able to get the programming options they WANT not those that are rationed out by Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

Maz

For the record Queen Evie is a customer NOT an employee.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

Adding my voice to the mix -- I just bought an Roku 3, got it all setup only to discover that the management @ xfinity don't support it.  I've an appleTV in my office for watching HBO Go, but as someone else pointed out, Apple don't support Amazon Prime -- I thought Roku would be the best solution, but no HBO GO!

Come on Comcast, make an effort.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

because HBO GO advertises 1400 titles, there isn't 1400 titles in HBO ondemand.

rog286713 wrote:

Why are you trying to watch it on roku when you can play it from your TVAre you just trying to get around the needing a box issueThis is strictly for  my own curiousity as this is a customer to customer forum mainly.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@kidddaniel wrote:

because HBO GO advertises 1400 titles, there isn't 1400 titles in HBO ondemand.

rog286713 wrote:

Why are you trying to watch it on roku when you can play it from your TVAre you just trying to get around the needing a box issueThis is strictly for  my own curiousity as this is a customer to customer forum mainly.

Even though the reply from rog is a couple of years old, it does point out the issue that many of the "problem solvers" refuse to acknowledge--that Comcast denys users access to full programming functionality that is available to customers of virtually every other provider (except DIRECTTV). I have Dish, and I get the full HBOGo lineup on my onDemand through Dish. ALL 1400+ titles.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I find it absurd that Comcast is about the only cable company that does not support HBOGO on Roku. Yes I know it is supported on PC and smartphones. But I want to watch it on my 50" TV, not a 4" phone screen or a 19" monitor! Get with the program, Comcast!  

Please give an explanation why Comcast is the only cable company not supporting it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

@FrozenSlime wrote:

@adding my voice to the mix -- I just bought an Roku 3, got it all setup only to discover that the management @ xfinity don't support it. 

Of course, Roku also just added a FoxNow app, and whatdda ya know--Comcast also doesn't authenticate with that. This is really irritating!

If moderaters are removing posts for profanity, they are obviously reading this baord--I wish they would respond. It's been two years!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here