sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

So Apple TV is getting the HBO Go app and according to an earlier interview, the app will work on Comcast.

I think we deserve an explaination.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Naw, the Apple TV HBO app on Apple TV works on Comcast directly, no Airplay, iPad or iPhone necessary. Airplay was the old way of doing it.

The app was just released today.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

11 years ago

And, I can confirm that HBOgo is indeed supported on the new software update for Apple TV. I just activated it and it works. Now, there really is no reason not to add Roku support ... HBOgo direct to TV for Comcast subscribers is now available via xbox and Apple TV. Why not Roku as well?? Hmm.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree with all the statements...bring on the Roku compatibility.  However I think I know why Comcast is not doing it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They know you could have a roku in several rooms and watch HBO without your paying them their god awful rental fees for a %&$^ing box. 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Comcast/Xfinity should take heed...

Consumers are not powerless. The more BS they make us endure, like withholding streaming on ROKU devices, the more angry we become.

It may take a year or ten years, but eventually either leadership will wisen and become more consumer-oriented or consumer will force the change or the company will die a slow death.

Something needs to happen immediately, regardless of ROKU. Customer service, for both consumer & business lines, is quickly becoming as bad as Verizon...a company which would have to pay me to use their services.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

It's now 1.5 years after Roku added the HBO Go app to their device and STILL Comcast has chosen not to give access to their HBO subscribers (yet they will on Apple TV). Comcast, PLEASE extend access to a product I'm already PAYING for but can only access on my tablet. I want to watch back seasons of past HBO shows on my tv.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

HBO GO provides access to full series, such as all Sopranos, The Wire, True Blood, etc. All of their original series programming - complete series to date - is available to view on this app and not OnDemand. This is why I want to access it via Roku on my tv, at least.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

ALRIGHT NOT ALLOWING HBOGO ON MY ROKU THAT I PAID FOR IS AN OUTRAGE. I PAY FOR THE INTERNET SERVICE WHY CAN I NOT STREAM THE CONTENT I WANT TO STREAM. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BLOCK IT. GOOD BYE COMCAST IM SWITCHING TO VERIZON FIOS.

NOT GONNA WASTE MY TIME CALLING SUPPORT AND ASKING TO FOR THEM TO  ALLOW ACCESS TO SOMETHING SO SIMPLE

GOOD LUCK COMCAST AT THIS RATE YOU WONT BE AROUND IN 10 YEARS.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Comcast....what a piece of sh*t you are.  Seriously.  Around every turn, in every nook, there you are, steaming and fermenting like the sh*t you are.  How is it that you don't offer HBOGO on a Roku?  Really?  What is the brilliant strategy behinds this.  I just bought a Roku with the SOLE INTENT on watching HBOGO on my kickass 65" plasma.  Why would this even be a problem?  Who would think that you didn't offer it?  The only reason I have you as a provider is because I must.  I want to move just to get someone else and flip you sh*tbags the finger.  Unbelievable...looks like I'll be reutrning the Roku for an AppleTV...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

roku is in hd...my cable box player is not...wiseass

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Just signed up as a new Aereo customer today in the Atlanta area.  That is the new service that allows OTA broadcasted channels to stream live across the web and they support the Roku3 device I have.  So I now have "live" TV with no dependency on Comcast directly to my Roku3 device.  Not HD (I don't think - still experimenting) but very good quality none-the-less - much better than an SD cable signal.  I am a beta user and this technology is still a bit immature I can tell (experiencing some buffering today) but very impressed - $8/month but a free 3 month trial which is appropriate for a new technology like this.  Will be nice come football season to watch the local NFL games which are typically broadcast on the major network channels.  Will report back what I learn over the next few days. 

PS: Wish everyone on this forum could stick to helpful info and away from the emotional nonsense.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The reason Comcast will not allow HBO GO on the roku is two-fold.

1 - Roku is a threat in that it helps eliminate the need for extra boxes, each worth $120 p/yr to Comcast. Despite already gouging you for what you have, they simply want more. A direct connect for HD programming (3.1, 6.1, etc) is already free, but add the Roku with Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, and HBO GO, and do you really need another box? Probably not.

2 - Apple TV does authenticate HBO and ESPN via Comcast. If you think for 1 second that there isn't back alley stuff going on between Apple and Comcast to help keep as much content off Roku/Tivo/LG/Samsung/etc, then I have a really nice bridge for you available at a great price! Why Apple but nothing else? Do the math.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

And the quick easy cheaper solution is uverse and Dish

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I had Time Warner Cable in Missouri and they had HBO Go available on Roku, as well as live streaming TV access via computer, iPad etc!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well if that is true why is it that this week Apple tv now works with HBOGO. If the interface on Roku is similar I would preffer it over the cable box.  On App it is a much easier simpler interface. I even get a better picture even with my Comcast HD box.

So yes we would like to see HBOGO on the Roku just like on Apple TV.

Love choices.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here