sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

comcast whats to sell more boxes if you have a roku it has hd content 720 if you have comcast charges $10.00 each month for hd box hbo looks better on roku

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I notice this too!!!! So does Warner cable and others.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I am a comcast subscriber and would love for the xfinity ap and hbogo on my streaming roku player. It has the hbogo ap and all the cable providers do this for their customers. I would like comcast to subscribe to the roku hbogo ap as well.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

comcast Joe that is nice but I a not purchasing or own an xbox 360. I have internet and tv services provided by comcast. I would rather have the hbogo on my roku where other aps are and where other cable provides are offering to their customers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

i see that comcast added itself to the xbox but not in the roku section of hbo go. Are they planning on updating this with hbo anytime soon?   Need to play catchup with the other cable providerss

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

There appears to be more content available on HBOGO than On-Demand.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I just tried to get HBOGO Channel and my Roku with my Xfinity HBO Subscription and it does not appear to be available for Xfinity Subscribers.  What gives??

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

11 years ago

Why does Comcast not allow HBOGO on Roku?  It allows it on mobile devices and iPads - so why not on the Roku streaming player.  Virtually every other provider allows HBOGO.  Ridiculous.  Does anyone know if and when it will be available?  Thank you.

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

11 years ago

I posted this yesterday but it has mysteriously disappeared!! I'm just wondering if anyone knows if and when Comcast will allow HBOGO on Roku.  They allow it on mobile devices, iPads., etc so I don't understand why they won't allow it to stream on Roku.  Thanks for any info.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes, I would like to know the same thing! Why no ROKU. I see XBox is a choice for set up on HBO GO with Xfinity, but no ROKU! Not very competitive of Comcast!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

11 years ago

truthseeker719 wrote: I posted this yesterday but it has mysteriously disappeared!! ...

It got moved to http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/ROKU-HBO-GO/m-p/1720907#M24974

truthseeker719 wrote: ... I'm just wondering if anyone knows if and when Comcast will allow HBOGO on Roku.  ...

Employee ComcastTeds wrote in http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Rant-on-a-few-topics/m-p/1718385#M76213 :

"HBO Go availability on Roku and Samsung TVs are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties."

I would guess that means HBO wants more money and Comcast doesn't want to pay.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I would like to watch on my Kindle Fire

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

That's a negative sir! HBO dies not want money. The hbogo app is already included. No more fees to comcast or subscribers. It's about limiting access do customers have to rent boxes. Funny comcast has no issue presenting Samsung TVs in all if their ads but don't actually support using the TVs.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@ed_dennis wrote:

I would like to watch on my Kindle Fire

As far as I can tell, you can. Xfinity is a provider option for login in the HBOgo app. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Dear Xfinity or Comcast:

I'm a long-time customer & requesting that HBOGo be made available for the Roku 3 device.

THANKS! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here