sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@wsalopek wrote:

It's not "live"...it's a collections of stuff from most of the cable/nmetwork channels?  I am not 100% familiar with it, but it's included with your Comcast bill...no extra cost.

Of course a person has to have an "xBox Live" account...about $50/year to access video and music streaming thru the xBox, but if a person otherwise is using xBix Live for gaming and such, then it's really not an "extra" to view Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo, etc.

And if we already have a Roku but do not own (or have any plans to own) an Xbox, then HBOgo on television streaming is NOT included as part of the Comcast bill, since Comcast will not allow its users to access it via Roku.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Why would anyone want to pay $50 a year for something every other device provides at no charge? Comcast is lousy, they are a poorly run company from the consumervpointvif view. Keep bailing on them, the other service providers are superior

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I work for [competing cable company] and we have HBO Go on the Roku.  We even offer Roku's for $5/mo in a bundle. This is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous that I can't get HBO Go on my Comcast connection (thank you monopolies 😞 ) and if I had *any* options (my balcony in my apartment is north facing so Dish is out) I'd be using it for video. 

I'm currently using a CableCard in a Windows Media Center PC on my main TV that's got HBO Go hacked in to work with a remote (Long and arduous process) and my secondary TV has a Roku.  It annoys the living **** out of me that I can't get it working on that TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

No, it is not all available.  You don't understand the difference between HBO GO and HBO on demand.  On HBO GO every single episode of every single HBO series is available for viewing.  On the HBO on demand with Xfinity, really hardly any episodes of any series is available.  Just for instance, you can't see East bound and down on HBO on Demand.  Nor can you see any episode of Deadwood, the Sopranos, Oz, or most any other show on HBO on Demand.  However as stated before, you can with HBO GO.  It is absolutely ridiculous that Xfinity is not working with ROKU to make HBO GO available like most every other cable and satellite company is.  This should be corrected soon, or I may have to switch to a different company.  Shame on Comcast for this!

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@youarewrong wrote:

No, it is not all available.  You don't understand the difference between HBO GO and HBO on demand.  On HBO GO every single episode of every single HBO series is available for viewing.  On the HBO on demand with Xfinity, really hardly any episodes of any series is available.  Just for instance, you can't see East bound and down on HBO on Demand.  Nor can you see any episode of Deadwood, the Sopranos, Oz, or most any other show on HBO on Demand.  However as stated before, you can with HBO GO.  It is absolutely ridiculous that Xfinity is not working with ROKU to make HBO GO available like most every other cable and satellite company is.  This should be corrected soon, or I may have to switch to a different company.  Shame on Comcast for this!

At a minimum, if they are not going to allow the HBOgo on the Roku, provide all the programming on their on-demand service. I know that it is not HBO restricting the content, since my provider (not Comcast) has every episode of EVERY HBO series available in their onDemand listings on the television. Hubby and I are doing Band of Brothers in marathon next weekend.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

It makes no sense.  I can get HBO go through Comcast on my laptop, my Kindle, even my smartphone, but not on Roku.  What's up with that?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Adding my voice to this, seems obsurd to allow PC, iPhone/i*, Xbox but not Roku... I've had Roku for years and it has worked great for other providers.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

As I mentioned awhile back, a few weeks ago I enjoyed taking all my Comcast setop boxes back to their service center with a big smile.  I've been using Dish now for the last two weeks and it's so much better then what they offered awhile back.  The guides are beautiful with 3 hours and 10 channels showing with network colored logos.  I have two Hopper DVR's that have 2TB drives and can use the built-in Sling device to stream any channel or recording to my Android tablet in amazing HD.  I had the Comcast Whole Home DVR service and it was terrible. You can't delete a recording unless you are on the main DVR.  With the DISH Hopper you can do any DVR function from any TV.  It's so much better and I have a 63 inch plasma and I can see the difference in picture quality to from what I had with cable.  Plus the Primetime Anytime is absolutely awesome as it skips through commercials automatically.  The fun part was enabling HBO GO and Epix on my Roku.  The one joker on here keeps saying that we should use Comcast HBO On Demand is a fool because there is no comparison to what you can get on HBO GO such as any episode of a series that HBO has offered in the last 10 years.  Try to watch the entire series of the Sopranos with On Demand, good luck! The Comcast On Demand menus drove me crazy!! The Roku interface is the best for HBO GO and so much better then you get on your PC or handheld device. I'm saving money with DISH too and I feel like a fool for not making the switch a long time ago.  If you are unhappy with Comcast, dump their TV service an go with Dish.  I did keep my internet with Comcast as the only option I have is Century Link which is terrible with 20MB down and less then 1 MB up.  I bet this post gets deleted by Comcast?

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Man, the censors are very active now. Hey comcast mods. Instead of just deleting my posts how about answering your customers questions and complaints. u guys are awful., rude and negligent. Answer to your paying customers!! They have legit issues with you !!!! Comcast is the worst. Everyone needs to consider other providers. Dish and uverse are excellent alternatives

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Roku owner here, not happy about the lack HBO Go access. I have (one) HBO HD channel (CH 801) available on my TV, that is pretty sad. I do have Xfinity on demand (Tivo), but it is so hard to drill down and find something to watch in HD.  What's wrong Comcast, you don't own a chunk of Roku, so you won't  allow HBO programming on the device? I pay you $10 a month for HBO, why do you make it so difficult to watch it? Netflix is $8 a month and I can search for and watch >100,000 videos, now that is a good product! Wake up Comcast.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@Maz wrote:

It makes no sense.  I can get HBO go through Comcast on my laptop, my Kindle, even my smartphone, but not on Roku.  What's up with that?

Because through the laptop, Kindle and smartphone, you get a "limited" viewing experience that cannot truly substitute for the comfort of your own big screen television--at least not without some level of inconvenience. If it was convenient, Comcast is afraid that you will not rent a digital box for every television and use the Roku instead.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@tw98056 wrote:

As I mentioned awhile back, a few weeks ago I enjoyed taking all my Comcast setop boxes back to their service center with a big smile.  I've been using Dish now for the last two weeks and it's so much better then what they offered awhile back. ...

I fully concur with Dish. Being able to stream live television ANYWHERE is very convenient at times--especially when at my son's and hubby wants to watch one of his games on regular network or other sports channel. The true full home DVR functionality is also extremely convenient, I can not only delete but pause and rewind live television and start recordings from any television in the house. Even better, I have now had the same boxes for months without having an equipment failure or having to replace one. That full programming available on Roku for the HBOGo?  Guess what, you don't even need to switch to Roku for it. Check out the Dish on Demand for HBO...EVERY episode for EVERY series is available on demand.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

HBOGO i awesome, it has every season, every series, movie, great format, easy navigation, 3x fast forwarding unlike onDemand lousy fsar forwarding. I love HBOGO. too bad Comcast is preventing its paying customers from using it even though they pay for it.

If only people in the thread quit Comcast for Uverse or Dish, then they to could enjoy HBOGO on their Samsung SmartTV and Roku device. Really a pity.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I've got news for them, I would not ever use one of there digital boxes, even if they gave it to me! I pay $175 a month to them for tripple play premium, they should allow me to watch HBO on anything I wish! Tivo is the only DVR thats worth using and I am willing to pay their fees.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here