sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry my bad - I just updated the HBOGo app released on Feb 12 and it now does work.  Good deal.  Would still like to see on Roku.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Okay. Heres a dumb question. This string is about hbogo being streamed through roku boxes. Not apple tvs with flying saucers hovering above you house held up by microwaves and diamond chips. If i were looking for options i would have bought a xbox. We wanted hbogo that we pay for to be streamed through rokus that we paid for. Not options if we refloat the titanic and by apples we are then capable.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Im starting to wonder if the people that are here talking about options on how they can stream HBOGo are actually plants by Comcast.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Great info about the Sony, The Original Logitech GoogleTV is what I have been using, still rather it be on my ROKU, COMCAST!

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@priziedog wrote:

Yes, you can use an Apple TV to watch HBOgo, but only if you have also invested in other current model Apple gear that support Airplay or mirroring. That's a big investment in gear if all you're interested in is HBOgo, so not really a solution other than for committed Apple addicts. I have all the gear, but would still prefer to access HBOgo through my Roku ... so much more convenient and elegant a solution.

Not to mention, the Roku is a device I already own.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I am writing this in Feb. 2013.  Comcast still allows no access to HBO Go via Roku.  They're spending 16 billion to buy up NBC Universal.  Yet cannot afford to allow HBO GO on Roku.  ??!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

They can afford ...

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think it's a matter of what they can afford! Rgey can afford to do anything they want because we pay millions for limited service, do they care? I think not - they are just buying, buying and purchasing more and more to fleece more people... There is no service - Comcast says "take what we give you and like it!"

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

You van get all the episodes of many show.  The cable box will only give you a few.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've made a pledge not to buy any OnDemand movies from Xfinity until Comcast adds allows HBO Go to be streamed through Roku. I won't buy any Comcast products, period. This is sheer insolence and greed.

By the way Comcast, you have so many hot new ideas ... how about a fast forward that doesn't move at a snail's pace?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I have until march 1st, the by bye comcast. Hello uverse. I get charged extra for the hd box through comcast. Uverse is at 720p right from the get go. I pay for the dvr (which i didn't want to begin with, but when I went to get the hd box, they only had ones with dvrs on them),. Uverse has no charge for whole house dvr. I pay for two extended cable boxes every month and get 2 basic boxes free (due to all channels being scrambled to digital). Uverse is giving me 4 boxes that get "all" the channels, including hbo, starz, encore, cinemax, showtime and the movie channel, AND i can stream hbogo!! All for $80 less a month for 2 years. And even if the price were not introductory it would still be $30 less per month for 2x the service. I have been a comcast customer for 20 years, and this is what it comes to? Good ridence to bad rubbish!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

why is comcast holding us back from Roku? Do you want itto be an xtra charge for it? Comcast is a rip off compared to other cable companies.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Not having HBOGO on either your HBO premium package service or through the Roku box is really a big disapointment for me a customer who recently upgraded to your HD service!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've been a long time Comcast and roku user, WHY can't I have access to my comcast services through my roku. The cable box is in an in convient location in my house and with my roku I can watch TV on it from any location i put my tv. Unlike the cable box and wiring. SO frustrating. I think its time to explore dish options and Not to mention STILL unable to get access to HBO on my roku

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Why is Comcast not available on HBO.GO for ROKU? It is supported by Cos, ATT, and all other major cable providers. I tried it 6 months ago and again today. Still not available on my ROKU. Is all of HBO.GO programming available on Xfinity On Demand?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here