sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I just got a Roku with one of the specific reasons being able to use the HBO GO. I was very disappointed to find out that I can get the most of my HBO subscription. Come on Xfinity, you're the middle man here.

I have other options in my area like Astound, AT&T Uverse and Dish. Please quit cheating HBO customers.

Roku and Xfinity customers, like this Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comcast-Xfinity-put-HBO-GO-on-Roku-Streaming-Players/250564681678759?ref=ts&fref=ts

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I got a new Roku2 that has a HBO GO channel. I tried to activate it but, when I go to hbogo.com/activate, Comcast and Xfinity is not listed as particapating providers. I know that the HBOGO apps for iPads (et. al.) are good to go nd Comcast is listed for the Xbox 360. So, can I activate the HBO GO channel on my Roku2? If so, what provider should I use. If not, will it be available anytime soon?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Here's another request for HBO Go on Roku.  Just hooked everything up to find out that it wasn't available.  I don't really understand why it would be available on XBox and not on the Roku. 

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I also would like Comcast to offer HBOGO on the ROKU player.  I subscribe to HBO and I would like it available on ROKU through Comcast. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

You can write to the Comcast CEO and ask him about why HBOGO is not available on Roku.  His email address is:  brian_roberts@comcast.com

Someone from Corporate resolutions will contact you.  This is the best way to make yourself heard by the company.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I wonder why Comcast does not support Roku streaming devices. I pay for HBO and am entitled to HBOGO but Comcast does not support the device. I do not think that is fair. I urge Comcast to support Roku streaming devices.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

will comcast ever support HBOgo on Roku

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@sklucas wrote:

What's funny is if I was using Dish or DirectTV as my provider and comcast for my internet I would be able to get it on my Roku.  Think about that.  Of course their onDemand sucks, the satillite services.

Interestingly enough, with Dish, although Dish supports it, you don't need the Roku for HBO Go, since the Dish on Demand for HBO includes all the HBO Go content (at least for all the HBO series, I have not compared movies, but it looks like they are all there also.)  I agree their on Demand is not as robust when it comes to the big 4 networks, although the Hopper seems to pickup the same episodes that are available on demand when set to PTAT. Wierd.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

"they have said first half this year."

No, I'm pretty sure they never said that.  Can you point us to a source?

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

I think it is an "annual announcement" to keep the plebs happy.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well this sucks. I wish I could just pay HBO directly for HBO Go. It would make it that much easier to ditch cable entirely (except for the modem). I just signed up for HBO specifically to watch HBO Go on my Roku. I'll be cancelling it now, and it is attempting to just cancel my TV service entirely again once Football is over. If Comcast doesn't want to end up being a dumb pipe, they should think a lot about not screwing their customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

This is ridiculous countless other cable companies allow hbo go on Roku and Comcast won't, who cares why we want it we do!!! If they don't add it I for one will cancel my service!!! And I have all the bells and whistles and pay top dollar for my service. Fix this now or loose a valuable customer for good, dish network offers hbo go for Roku

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Do they ever respond to our questions

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Well it'd be good to get some sort of official verification too.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Enough is enough here... I'm moving to DISH next month.  Better DVR too as the Hopper can record more then 2 shows at a time which causes major grief in my house, plus I'll get EPIX on my Roku with DISH and be paying much less.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here