sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Not sure how good of a source this information is, but apparently Comcast does have plans to add video on demand services...  to the Roku.  I hope soon!

VOD Service for Roku

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

This is truly bizzare and don't bother asking an CSA about it, because some have no idea what Roku is or what HBOGo is.  Scary!!  Why would you support it on the laptop and phone over the internet, which is what Roku uses to stream, and not support the feature on the box?  My guess.....Comcast is not making any money off of it, so they won't support it.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

13 years ago

I wonder ... does Comcast's Xcaliber plan have anything to do with the Roku delay?

http://blog.comcast.com/2011/05/looking-to-the-cloud-to-build-a-better-tv-experience.html

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I also use a Roku and am very disappointed with Comcast's lack of participation of the HBO GO channel.  Keep in mind that there is much content on HBO GO that isn't available for on demand, such as back seasons of every HBO original series.  Many of Comcast's competitors, including Verizon FIOS are participating, and, as much as I like my service, this would be a very good reason for me to look elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Is there any way to access my Xfinity TV and on Demand from a Roku receiver?  Netflix is big on Roku and Xfinity is better than Netflix for content.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

13 years ago

Nope, and even the HBOgo is not yet available on the Roko if your on Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Roku is pretty popular - seems like Xfinity would be looking into it. Netflix is all over it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I watch video through the xfinity website but I would prefer to watch video through my roku device. Comcast is going to allow people to watch all content through the XBOX 360 but they need to create a channel with Roku. Any roadmap for this? Otherwise, comcast needs to embrace other platforms for content delivery.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Agreed. How about it Comcast? Support Roku.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I really wanted to add my two cents to this - I bought the Roku with the intent of watching HBOGo.  I had only read that Time Warner was not allowing it.  Now I find out Comcast is obstructing as well!  Its not enough that I grit my teeth when I pay their outrageous bill every month, now they refuse to let me get added value from another device?  I can't wait for the day when I can waive good bye to Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

The gorilla in the room is Netflix. With their new pricing structure, Netflix subscribers who are also Xfinity subscribers (like me) would be very happy to see Roku access of Xfinity streaming content so they can kick Netflix to the curb. There's a vacuum in that Netflix is all alone in streaming rich content on the Roku platform, but that cannot last. Netfllx has shot themselves in the foot. Who will take advantage of the opportunity? Xfinity? or Amazon? The way Comcast is stalling, I'm keeping an eye on Amazon...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Yeah, I read that too.  I am really bummed.  I want Comcast to allow Roku!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I'd love to see Comcast add allow HBO GO on Roku. But if you click on the link above to participating providers above, you'll see that Comcast is not on the list. From the Roku site:

The following is a list of television providers who have authorized HBO GO on Roku:

• ATT Uverse
  • Charter
  • Cox
  • Dish
  • Massillon Cable/CPI
  • RCN
  • Suddenlink
  • Verizon FiOS
  • WOW

If you do not see your television provider listed then they are currently not supporting HBO GO on Roku. We encourage you to reach out to your television company and request that they add Roku.  We will update this list as often as possible.

Regular Contributor

• 

74 Messages

13 years ago

Coming soon.

From the Roku site:

Soon you can get unlimited access to over 1400 of your favorite HBO shows, including HBO original series, hit movies, sports, comedy specials – plus bonus features and behind-the-scenes extras and more. That’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO – all FREE with your HBO subscription through participating TV providers.

HBO GO® is only accessible in the US where a high speed broadband connection is available. ©2011 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved.

Regular Contributor

• 

74 Messages

13 years ago

Correction:  It looks like Comcast is not on the list of providers who are supporting it.

So it looks like the ball is in Comcast's court ... not Roku's.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here