TCBra's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, August 7th, 2023 4:30 AM

Closed

Recordings edit not working

For two weeks now the edit command in xfinity streaming app in recordings on iPhone 11 ios 16.6 does not work. Touch the edit command box and the word “cancel”  immediately appears inside the command box. Selecting recordings to delete works but the only option in the command box is “cancel”. And that’s all it does. It used to say “delete” or “delete all”. Nothing is ever deleted. What will fix this? 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @TCBra have you attempted any troubleshooting steps on your own such as deleting the Stream App and then reloading it? Let's try that and run through these steps next:

Delete a Recorded Program

1. Open the Xfinity Stream app while connected to any WiFi or mobile network.
  2. Swipe left to right to open the main navigation, or hit the menu (three stacked horizontal lines) button on the top-left.
  3. Tap Recordings to see all cloud recordings on your DVR.
  4. Scroll through the recordings and tap on the TV episode or movie you want to delete.
  5. Tap Record Options and choose Delete Recording to delete the program from your DVR.
  6. Tap Yes for Apple devices or Delete Now for Android devices.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasC​ 

The steps above are not related to this workflow. In the original workflow you would navigate to recordings, navigate to a show with multiple recordings, press edit, select the recordings to delete, and choose the delete option.

For some reason the delete button is missing and the only button displayed is cancel. This appears to be a bug in a newer version of the Xfinity stream iPhone app as it was there before and is now missing. Can you please forward this issue to the development team to investigate? Thank you 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @Jnlob79, thanks for reaching out on our forums and thank you for clarifying. We can certainly get it fixed. Can you send us a direct message so I can gather some more details?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I’m experiencing the same issue. The only option is cancel and the delete button is now missing 

1 Message

I have the same issue. I have removed and reinstalled the app and still the same problem. Trying to reach Xfinity is almost impossible. Customer service is ridiculous in this company. I can’t get by the irritating “assistant”. I have been a customer for 25 years and am sick and tired of trying to get problems solved. Will be moving to another service very soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_b99bff. We appreciate you taking the time to reach our team. We would certainly hate to lose you, you've reached the right team. Have you attempted the following steps to modify your DVR recordings?

1. To browse completed or scheduled recordings for each day, select My library from the menu at the bottom of your screen, and then select either Recordings or Scheduled.
  2. Tap a program or recording. Then, tap Record Options.
    Recordings can also be modified or canceled from the on-screen guide listings.
  3. To modify a single episode recording, tap Modify Recording.
  4. To modify a series recording, tap Modify Recording and select Series Recording.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here