U

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Monday, September 11th, 2023 7:31 PM

Closed

Recording shows on tv list not streaming list.

Recorded program doesn’t show on Xfinity streaming app? Program does show on recorded list on tv. Logging off then back on doesn’t help. Is this one of those “just have to live with it “ or a fixable problem?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Are you trying to stream the recorded program out of your home network? 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Yes in my home, same network. 
I have one now happening. I have a program scheduled to record on Friday (tomorrow) at 7:00. It shows up  in the “scheduled” list on the tv but doesn’t show up on “scheduled” list on the app on either iPhone or iPad. So when I go to watch on iPhone or iPad Saturday morning, it ain’t happening. Any ideas? 
thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_dc6547 I'd love to take a look at that one together. Could you direct message us your full name and address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Thank you in advance 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

I don’t believe this is a problem with my Apple products or my home network. 
Can you tell me if anyone has ever taken a look at the Xfinity App?

There are additional problems that happen on mobile devices such as the recording will suddenly freeze. The only way to finish watching the recording is to go to the tv and the recording works fine. 
I can be watching a recording and the audio quits, once again it’s back to the tv to finish watching with audio. 
Please check and see if anyone has ever looked into the Xfinity App.

Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_dc6547 The app is monitored with issues and at times we are alerted to known interruptions that our engineers are able to correct. However, most issues that I have helped with were identified by customer reporting the behavior. Since the app is available to apple and android, the behavior varies between the platforms. It can also be an issue that is specific to devices ios level or a recent security update. As an example a few years back I uncovered an issue that was specific to a chipset that was in a certain device model. We would need to troubleshoot with you to send the details to our repair team for help and additional investigation. I rarely think that a personal device is the issue, it usually ends up being an issue with firmware that we can have corrected. 

I would be happy to help out and create a request with our repair teams with the specifics of your experience. Please send us a direct message, so we can troubleshoot and create that request is needed. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here