Bmax1985's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 3:26 AM

Closed

Record one channel only

I have series recordings and set to record only new episodes.  Recording happens on rerun stations though too. As NY way to only record a specific channel? 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Bmax1985

We offer the option to select based on channel by finding the show in the guide rather than searching for it. This will then allow you to select "record" through the program listed on the guide and allow the option for this channel only and new episodes only. Please let me know if this resolves the repeat recording issues for you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityStephanieK  I am having the same issue, and the only options about channels are HD preferred or only and SD preferred or only - nothing about “this channel only”

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_920cad

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We ask that on older posts like this, you create a new post for assistance. However, we are here for your support and we are glad to help!

Is this happening on a specific series or all recordings? When you locate the open the re-run episodes, do they show as “new” or aired previously?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Same problem shows like Chicago Med, Fire, Police etc.  USA channels that are reruns are recording even though I only want NBC first episodes only 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! I am missing shows that are getting deleted cuz my dvr is filled up with reruns on USA that are shown as "new"

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

One of our awesome Xperts @Rustyben answered this awhile back. The show was "Chicago P.D" the information provided should still apply:

"it is because the recording is set up 'differnetly' than ideal. the reruns on oxygen are new on that network or not marked as reruns.  when you get a new oxygen recording find it on the recordings list. press right until you see the x and select it. you should see an option to not record future episodes. select that option. then find the next recording by searching for 'chicago PD'. note the date/time/channel.  exit from the search and press guide and navigate to the channel it appears on, then press the right button and or the fast forward button to move to future days, and find the title on the guide. press the record button and set up series recording. Doing the recording this way will cause the call letters of the station to be an option and you will want to leave that alone. select 'new' only."

I hope this information helps you and alleviates your DVR getting filled with something you not looking to record.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here