U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2023 4:49 PM

Closed

Press exit or menu to close app notification

The Press exit or menu to close this app message keeps popping up every second on Paramount+. Nothing will remove the notification. I've tried all of the troubleshooting methods in the forums with the same question. Removing notifications doesn't work, restarting device and cache doesn't work. Nothing works. Please fix this issue! 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_ee0e1f Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience. On the cable box, please go to Settings> Preferences> then turn off the notification. Do yo ustill get the pop-up? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ yes. I still get the pop up. I've already tried that. Seems that works for no one. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_ee0e1f Thank you. Please send us a message with your first and last name, as well as service address. To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it”

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

This is working for me for now.

1 Message

1 year ago

I found a fix to this issue:

1. go to the settings icon at the top of your screen and press the middle "ok" button

2. scroll to "Preferences" and press middle button

3. scroll to "Notifications" and press ok 

4. at "All Notications" press ok to turn off

5. Arrow back to main settings screen

6. Arrow to "Device Settings"

7.  Arrow to "Power Preferences" Press Ok

8.  Arrow to "Restart" Press Ok

9   Wait for Box to Restart

10.  Press Exit or Menu to exit app is GONE!!!!!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_a768c7​ doesn't work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good Evening @user_ee0e1f We're sorry to hear that this issue hasn't been resolved with the above steps. Have you had a chance to review the thread below? There are certain steps that work for some people but not others. We've not seen any known issues with the Paramount + App on our Flex devices, but can look deeper into this.  Even something as simple as replacing the batteries has fixed this. 

Press exit or menu to exit app keeps popping up

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

It doesn't work and as it worked once.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here