U

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 1:32 AM

Closed

Playback Issue :: 2111

While using the Xfinity Stream App away from home, I regularly get the following message:

Playback Issue :: 2111

We're sorry, but we're unable to play this video right now.  Please try a different channel or program. 

It doesn't appear to be any particular "on the go" channel.  Also appears to happen whether I'm connected to a wifi signal or using my phone's data (we have unlimited data).  Seems to be getting progressively worse.  Would like to know why I'm getting this message and, more importsantly, how I can avoid getting it.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_47789d Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with the stream app? I would recommend if you have not tried, uninstall and reinstall the Stream app. Please let us know.

2 Messages

I had uninstalled/reinstalled the app once I 1st started seeing this, but hadn't here recently. 

I did go ahead and do it again a few days ago.  I don't get this message nearly as much now, but still do get it periodically.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I'm happy to hear you were able to reduce the frequency of this issue. Please let me know if things deteriorate, or if you would like us to take a closer look. Our amazing community is always ready to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

I am getting this issue even after an uninstall and reinstall there also is a delay in playing if something plays it goes in and out how do I fix this

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

Hello, @user_5km0li! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the playback on the Xfinity Stream app. We appreciate that you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that resolved the issue. Can you let us know what device you use the app on? iPhone, Android, PC?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have uninstalled, re- installed app several times. I have restarted phone several times. I spoke with two Xfinity representatives who sent signals to refresh modem. I still get playback issue 2111 message. Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

Good evening @user_4mnfzr. Are you still receiving that error message? 

2 Messages

Yes I am. I noticed however that only one channel works. No others.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here