U

Monday, August 26th, 2024 1:23 PM

playback issue :1001 error code 4

I see tons of people with this same issue, and never have I seen a real fix for this from Xfinity. I can get just a couple channels that work like the NBC  channel, but the rest are all playback issue 1001 error code 4.

Resetting the  modem and reinstalling the app does nothing. It is same problem on both the fire stick and phone, but works on my computer. The only answer I ever saw from Xfinity was they did something on their end and it starts to work again once they escalate your problem. Come on xfinity fix this issue now, and publicly post what the real fix is for all to see.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

20 days ago

user_3w7134, Hi! Thanks for reaching out. As someone who enjoys streaming on my Fire TV, I understand the inconvenience caused by receiving that playback error code. I am sorry to learn about this experience. Thanks for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps taken thus far. We are the perfect door to knock on in virtual land. Over social media, we are an excellent team of experts who specialize in resolving streaming playback issues such as this. We can help. Would you mind sending over a screenshot of that error message? Was this the first time you noticed the issue? How long was it working for you before you experienced that error message?

9 Messages

I sent you a screen shot.  The message reads:" Playback Issue: 1001 We're Sorry, but we are unable to play this video right now. Please try a different channel or program. Error 4 "  This issue has been going on for weeks now. It worked for 3 months. So what is the fix, as I see posts about this for the past 5 years, but no solution ever given for others to see by Xfinity?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

Thanks for letting us know about this issue user_3w7134. We do not have any open tickets about this issue. Are you on your in home WiFi when connecting?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

No I am not on my home wifi. That is why I use xfinity stream in the first place. That is to watch my cable channels  when I am away from home.

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

Ahh! Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention, user_3w7134. You can not watch all of your channels when you are not on your in home Wi-Fi. You can only watch TV Go channels. Furthermore, you can set the filter to TV Go, and it will show you what channels are available.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

9 Messages

TV Go channels are not working. They all work on windows xfinity stream including non TV Go channels, but not on amazon fire stick or android phones. Only NBC in home works and Espn and OWN. They were all working a few weeks ago, and only a few were TV Go channels. I read that it has something to do with permission settings on your end.

(edited)

9 Messages

14 days ago

The reply from xfinity is not the answer.It still does not work on any TV go channels or otherwise.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_3w7134 We would be happy to assist further, but we need to look into your account to dive a little deeper please. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

9 Messages

8 days ago

Okay, I sent you the account info. So again, what is the real fix for all to see?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 days ago

Have the exact same issue. Was working until about 10 days ago, have tried everything I can from my side. Signed out, signed in again.
CNBC app works okay on the same setup but the Xfinity app won't play any channels. Attempted several in the TvGO list including CNBC.

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@Timojhen_M Our engineering team has been made aware of the issue and working to resolve the TV GO channels not being accessible outside the home.  

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here