U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 11:20 PM

Closed

Playback issue 1001 error 4

I am unable to watch any "available TV Go" channels or Recordings on my mobile devices (Google Pixel 6 and Amazon Firestick) when I'm away from my home network. I get playback issue 1001 error 4, with Live TV Go channels on both devices, and then "Well that didn't go as planned" again on both devices when trying to watch recordings.  I have cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app with no success.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Everything seems to be functioning fine this morning. Spoke directly with Xfinity CS last night and they tried a few things which didn't resolve the described problems. They then escalated the issue and said to expect response within the next 48 hours.

Thanks  to whomever did whatever to fix what needed to be fixed! Very, very much appreciated!

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_8f2eb4 Hello, glad you were able to get some help with this! Please let us know if you don't hear from them in the next 48 hours or the issue comes back. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Hi there.  I am experiemcing this same issue.  How can I fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@lisacue Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team you regarding your playback issue. This can be frustrating when your services aren't working as intended. I'm here to help you get this taken care of today. Before we begin, are there any steps you have already tried? This way we don't repeat those same steps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Same problem here un Australia.  Unable to access any of my xfinity stream.  The same "playback issue 1001"and the "well that didn't go as planned " notice. Any ideas so i can watch something?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there @Julsteven, thanks for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums! We definitely want to help you with troubleshooting your Xfinity Stream app. Are you attempting to active the Xfinity Stream app from Australia? Also, what device are you using in order to access the Xfinity Stream app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same problem with the ToGo channels, but only at my friends house.  I've been traveling a ton this month and it works, but not at home and only on my phone.  So weird

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out to us, @Sportygirl731! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with using the Xfinity Stream app while in your home. Have you tried to forget your wireless network and then reconnect to it to see if that will get it working for you again? 

1 Message

WHERE IS THE SOLUTION??

This is all fluff and niceties.  There *is no fix*.

Thanks for being polite, but this offers no help WHAT. SO. EVER.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Apologies user_9o1pgk. The proposed solution was attempting to engage the OS to remove the stored network information. Clearing this information would help isolate the root issue. The solution quoted as follows "Have you tried to forget your wireless network and then reconnect to it to see if that will get it working for you again?"

1 Message

9 months ago

I am experiencing the same issue.  What is the resolution?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there @user_7tog3b thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your playback issue. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting! Have you already tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I keep getting the same issue on firestick.  I reinstalled and restarted the firestick.  I also restarted my modem.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_8f7877 Hi there! Thanks for trying to reset the modem and reinstalling the app. Many times the fix is that easy. It could also be an issue on the backend, and we need to refresh the account. Have you tried to access the stream app on any other device? That would help me rule out with it being an issue specific to a device. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here