tacamo01's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 17th, 2024 6:45 PM

Paramount Plus streaming slow with Xfinity - Not Paramount's problem

Several threads read where Xfinity wants us to contact Paramount Plus about slow loading, lagging, jumping to future episodes. We have no problems with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Peacock or other streaming apps. Just Paramount.

I contacted Paramount and went through all the steps to correct. It is no a bandwidth problem, cache was cleared, everything reset. Paramount stated they get most complaint calls come from Xfinity users. 

So my question for Xfinity is this, When are you going to admit it is your problem and not Paramount Plus. The problem is Xfinity and the way they have set up Paramount Plus as a third party app used on the X1 platform

It is time Xfinity fix the problem and quit telling people to contact Paramount like it was not their problem!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @tacamo01, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Paramount, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 months ago

Having similar issues with P+: slow loading, lagging, pausing - this happens when trying to watch a series episode via the app; movies seem to work OK if loaded on- demand. Note for Xfinity Forum agent: similar problems appear to have been reported on other threads which are closed, although some customers apparently still have issues. Due to yet another rate hike, I just re-upped for 12 months with a 'featured' reduced rate, but I certainly wish that outstanding problems with P+ app had been made known (especially to us long-time customers) so that I could have dumped the app. At the very least, someone on your team should compile/group similar issues and their solutions (if any) into some form of notification. A possible solution was indicated involving an alternatative type of DVR box (with hard drive). If this is best (or only) solution, then it should be communicated to the call center agents.   

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I'm having the same exact issues with Paramount +.  Xfinity initially told me to contact Paramount . Today, the Xfinity rep had me clear out the data. That did not work. When I first subscribed I had only infrequent issues.  Lately,  the app is unusable.

1 Message

I'm having the same issue and the blame game going back and forth it's ridiculous.

1 Message

4 months ago

I have hulu, peacock, netflix and Amazon....NONE of them pause and skip.  So it is not a Paramount Plus problem.  When i search this problem online it seems to be common.  What the heck Xfinity?  We know it is not their service.  Please do right by your customers and fix this.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_eoeanf. I would like the opportunity to help figure out a solution to this Paramount + problem you're experiencing.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same problem and Paramount says its not their probem.  This is an interface issue with XFinity. Please advise as to when this will be fixed. It is very hard to watch anything when it stops every 2 minutes to load!

3 Messages

4 months ago

Paramount+ stops every 2-3 minutes to load and it has become almost impossible to view anything on that app. When is this going to be fixed? Paramount says everything is good on their end.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_1t7dls! Thank you for reaching out to our team on Forums! I apologize that you have been experiencing issues when trying to access the Paramount + app on our platform. I definitely want to look into this further for you. Just to confirm, are you trying to access the app on your Xfinity cable TV box? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

Yes I am using the XFinity TV box

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_1t7dls Have you completed any troubleshooting steps on the box? Such as rebooting, checking cables are fully connected and on finger tight? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same problem when streaming Paramount+ on my Xfinity DVR box. I have Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Max, Peacock, and Apple TV. Paramount+ is the only one I have an issue with. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey there, Jrmiller720! I'm sorry you're having issues with Paramount + on your DVR box. Is the DVR box the only place you're having this issue? Also, did it ever work on your DVR?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 months ago

Attn xfinity - your responses come with an ID text box which has: "We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions...", but then you ask the customer to continue on a private chat. The other typical customer support method is to reply with endless questions like, "did you try (something)...?" This process is not helpful especially when there is a similar issue spread out over numerous threads. There is an xfinity reply somewhere in all of this which indicates that the issue is known and being addressed. If this is so, then customer-wide notification should be sent out and regularly updated. This might prevent some of us from getting locked into a contract which includes a faulty service/product, just as one example. I have started using a work-around for this particular issue: because the problem seems to be primarily with using the app on the box, I access p+ via laptop, and connect that to my TV as an alternate display - I'm sure others are doing similarly, although we should not have to.

Contributor

• 

122 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same problem with Paramount+ on the Xfinity X1.  It streams fine on the main box.  But on the satellite box, it is so slow to be almost unusable.  Other services (Peacock, Prime Video, etc.) stream just fine on the satellite box.  But P+ takes forever to navigate the menus (i.e. 5+ seconds per each button press), and the video is constantly stopping and loading.  Again, the service works fine on the main X1 box.  It's only on the satellite box where the problems occur.  This is obviously NOT Paramount's fault.  It's an Xfinity problem

1 Message

4 months ago

Same problem- must be a ploy to subscribe to the Xfinity’s Paramount + showtime app instead of direct to paramount:(

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_2kuwzp Hello, are you still having issues with your Paramount +?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 months ago

Mine is doing it right now, freezing and starting back up. Always has done this with my xfinity box! No problems with any other apps! My speeds are over 1100 mbps

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello jkurt45, I love that the Xfinity TV boxes have a sweet app library, but I can see how a freezing issue would be annoying to deal with. I want to make sure we're on the same page, that way we take the best steps to get this resolved. Are you seeing this issue on multiple TV boxes or just one? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken on your end? That way we can avoid repeating anything you've tried already.

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue on my family member's STB. Paramount+ app loads and then is completely unusable. Massive input lag. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue - Paramount+ freezes, glitches, sound and picture constantly! I can't watch more than a minute or two without it glitching. On both of our boxes. I have many other streaming subscriptions, like others who have commented here - no issues with those. Can stream on my phone with no issues on the same network - only when on demand via Xfinity boxes trying to stream. I've done all of the troubleshooting - restarting set top boxes, checked all connections, etc. if these things were issues, other services would not be working. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_gcv0bw Thank you for connecting with us about your Paramount+ concerns. We are happy to assist. Please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 months ago

It appears that this issue may have been corrected(?) - 'Picard' was lagging every few seconds, thus unwatchable, but now seems A-OK for me. Xfinity: did you put in a fix, or did this magically disappear? Will have to test on other shows, but perhaps there is hope: anyone else see a difference? 

1 Message

1 month ago

When will Xfinity fix this issue, which is clearly not a Paramount + problem. Every other streaming app works fine, and Paramount is so sketchy. When I watch on my laptop online, it works fine. Only terribly glitchy through the cable box. We have very high speed and a brand new box.  Why no clear communication from Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_he0raq, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Most folks were seeing improvement by now. Let us know if you are still having difficulty and what troubleshooting steps you have tried. We want to do what we can to assist you. 

1 Message

17 days ago

Sorry, as a long time software developer, I disagree with your assessment.  Each streaming vendor is responsible for writing their app to work on Xfinity's platform.  Like you said, every other streaming app works fine.  Even when the P+ app works, it's slow and clunky.

P+ has been completely unusable for us for 5 days now.  Their support team agents are clueless and hostile.  I've contacted them over 15 times now.  I've lost count of how many times my char session has been suddenly disconnected, forcing me to start over from the beginning.  Is their chat software as buggy as their app, or are these disconnects intentional so the support people can report short interaction times?  I had to fight to get a 1-month credit, despite spending many hours over 5 days trying to get this problem resolved.  Then, I was suddenly disconnected, again.

For 1 day yesterday, they displayed a splash screen saying they were aware of the problem and working on it.  When the splash screen disappeared today, we thought cool, the problem is fixed.  14 minutes into a 1-hour show, their app crashed again.  If not for all the good content on P+, I would have cancelled it today.

I now have a log of the 5 different errors that occur while trying to watch various shows, so I can immediately paste it into the chat conversation. 

The 5 different errors show they have some type of handshake problem with Xfinity.  Why don't they just revert to the previous version that worked fine?  Software 101.

The only + with P+ vs Xfinity is you can immediately connect to a support agent, vs the 10 minutes required to connect to an Xfinity agent.

Rant done...

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_ktuazb we want to make sure we do all we can to help. We can confirm if this is a known issue and take a closer look at your account. Just send us a direct message. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here