mryflyguy's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Thursday, April 21st, 2022 4:34 PM

Closed

No video when streaming on chrome or safari

I have not used streaming on my Mac for a while and tried today - audio plays but no video using current versions of Chrome or Safari. The Stream App works fine on my iPhone & iPad. I've done the usual things like restart the cable modem, router & Mac but no joy. IIRC, there used to be a Flash issue but now that Flash is gone, what has changed? Anyone have a fix for this?   

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem.

Works with Chrome however, on the same computer.

Clue: Just updated OS from Mohave (10.14) to Monterey (OS 12).

It worked perfectly before the update, and has failed since.

Suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_97a8f1!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can today.  Can you tell me if you are accessing content on the web or through the app?  If you are accessing with an app, can you confirm that you are using the most up to date version?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am just using "Web Stream" (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/) which I have bookmarked. Simple login to my account.

Again - working on Chrome, but not Safari (my proffered browser) version 15.4. OS is Monterey 12.3.1 on a Mac mini 

Same issue as others - starts with program for a few seconds with video, then black screen with audio only...

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_97a8f1

have you gotten a fix or answer from Comcast?

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

2 years ago

Hello there, and good morning! Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums, and thank you for your patience, while awaiting our response. I understand that you've been experiencing trouble with our stream app on your devices, and I can imagine the inconvenience behind this! So we can troubleshoot this further, can you please send us a private message, including your full name, and your full address? You can do so, by clicking on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen, and once you click on that icon, you should be able to search "Xfinity Support", which should then give you the ability to send us a message. Thank you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with you! 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

I having the same problem for the last 3 weeks .... have you gotten a fix or answer from Comcast?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same problem - no video when streaming Watchathon from Mac to the TV 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_cc948b, are you able to let us know if you are not getting a picture while using all browsers on your Mac? As of now we don't have a confirmed issue with Xfinity Stream. For most of our customers that has been a computer or browser issue. Our recommendations are to test with multiple browsers and PCs to help identify the issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Waiting.................................................. be 5 weeks since my 1st request with this issue

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hey there! Glad you got back to us, are you able to view this using a different browser? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

mryflyguy

is your issue fixed?   has Comcast given you any answers/info about the problem ?
or

do they just keep asking the same question?

Comcast seems to be very apologetic about our concerns but do little to nothing to help

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for asking. How I wish I had an additional reply, but have heard nothing from the vendor, yet. I'm surprised that a customer must adjust their own behavior to fit the product instead of the vendor modifying the product to include, and therefore appeal to, a wider audience. Follow up on my part: I begrudgingly tried another browser, FireFox, and by golly I can watch live and streaming, on Mac and all connected monitors. To test further, I logged into my Comcast account using Safari, on my Mac (2018 MacBook Pro, OS 12.4) screen. HUZZAH, I could watch live and stream, *if* I started on the Mac screen and moved the site to another monitor. However, when I moved the website *back* to the Mac screen, audio continued, video disappeared. No matter where I moved the site thereafter, video didn’t appear. Let's face it, in this day and age, multiple monitors are rather common. Are these issues so technologically difficult? I choose to believe Comcast webmasters can fix them with ease. Please, make it happen.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Not able to open Xfinity Stream on iMac with either Chrome or Safari. Using OS Monterey 12.4. Called Xfinity. They are hung up on it being a network issue. It is not. Compatibility between Apple and Xfinity.  Sadi they will call back ;-)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have this same issue but it it is limited to Safari. Audio only on Safari (v. 15.5). Audio and video on Chrome work fine. 

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_40b1ae Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue.  I was previously able to use xfinity stream on mac.  Now I have audio but no video using either Safari or Chrome.  This is bogus and just one more reason to "cut the cord". 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hey @Arnola74

I'm happy to look into this further and see what we can do. Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here