U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 15th, 2022 8:03 PM

Closed

My Stream Beta are presenting Error: TVAPP-00500 and no longer channels available.

My Stream Beta are presenting Error: TVAPP-00500 and no longer channels available, Can you solve this ? I lost my TV channels!!

In addition, the TV still works for others app such as Youtube, Samsung TV...

Thanks,

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue on my Samsung TV.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Thank you for reaching out I would like to assist you with some troubleshooting. What troubleshooting have you tried if any? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have also lost live tv....error 00500

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

go to settings and log out... you will get a new activation code that should fix the issue. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

No, it doesn’t. The rest of this comment is to create enough characters for the reply to be accepted. Thanks for reading.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same error on Samsung smart tv

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @user_3a9b3d

Please make your own post if you need help and we'd be happy to assist you!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

You mean happy to make you jump through a bunch of hoops and get you no where, then promise to call back another time. Everyone has you guys’ number.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_d9314a and any others seeking assistance on this thread. There is a known issue with Samsung smart TVs with our stream app. It is possible these issues are connected. Are you able to stream our app on other devices that are not the smart TV? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Any resolve? Having same issue

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

No, I am not able to use another hardware to watch TV at home besides the Smart TV. It works before for mores than 3 weeks, why happened and why cannot fix?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Oh, no! @user_d9314a. I am sorry to learn about this experience with our XFINITY Stream Beta app experiencing technical difficulties. I love streaming on my Samsung TV as well so I understand the inconveniencet that this has caused you. Thank you so much for your patience with us. The "beta" version of our Stream app doesn't include the full set of features and functionality that comes with the Xfinity Stream app on mobile devices or the web portal. The great thing is that future releases of the app will include additional features and functionality, as well as improved stability and optimization. In the meantime, when using the "beta" app, you won't be charged an "additional outlet" service charge. As a reminder, while we work on getting the Stream app changed out of the beta version, pricing may change in the future. Make sense?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry but doesn’t make sense, when I went to Xfinity store, the girls said I can use the TV and my TV combo directly in my TV, I decided to buy the TV package also for my Son. Now I am paying for the channels I am not able anymore to watch!!! Again, I was using as expected for more than 3 weeks, and was very nice, why suddenly just stopped?? I need to go back to the store and cancel my TV monthly payment… just internet is what I am using!! Is it this?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

We will want to do some troubleshooting to see if we can find the reason that the app is not working on your TV anymore. If you are wanting to cancel your TV services, we are also able to do that over this platform. Let's get your account pulled up and see about getting this resolved.

Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Wow! I tried calling Samsung but the support area is closed today. This is crazy. We spend so much money and these tvs and they should work!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same issue on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for almost 1 year, until yesterday. Tried system refresh on the xfinity site 2-3 times, but no help

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_e04866 Hey there and other users having the same issue! There is a known issue with 2022 Samsung TVs and the Stream app. We're working to resolve this issue ASAP, but right now the estimated time of resolution is two weeks. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_e04866​ Well, I finally got mine fixed. Should be a better way. I did a factory reset on my TV. Had to setup again like it was brand new. Establish my internet connection, and then reinstall the Xfinity Stream APP

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_e04866 Thank you for sharing those steps to do until the resolution we are working on is completed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_e04866​ Didn’t work for my Roku. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue on my Samsung. I have read 3 different forums full of people with the same issue and tried all troubleshooting official xfinty accounts have offered. When I press on 'Live TV', it says my plan does not include live channels.. it does. The live channels even work on my phone. I continue to get Error code: TVAPP-00500. I have unplugged, uninstalled and reinstalled the app at least 6 times. It's really unfortunate my boss cannot use the services she is paying for. What solutions are there, if any? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I do not have to switch to a box to resolve this issue. Thank you!

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_4cadc1

We are aware of this issue happening on 2022 Samsung model TVs. If this TV set is a 2022 model, we anticipate to have this resolved within the next 2 weeks. This is just a time estimate. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_4cadc1​ Lots of us having this issue and Comcast doing nothing. Such gimmicks with this company.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I too am having the same issue on my Samsung TV. It is a2018 model and was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Have done a factory reset, unplugged it, removed app, reinstalled app. Still not able to get anything on the Xfinity Beta app. Any suggestions? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_b1735b! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. We are aware of this concern which is affecting multiple customers. Our engineers are working towards a resolution and we appreciate your patience. In the meantime remember you can watch your Xfinity Stream App on any mobile device, computer, laptop, or Ipads/tablet device. As soon as we have a resolution we will be sharing it with this thread.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i have the same issue on my 2019 Samsung TV. When i view the "Live TV", i'm getting the TVAPP-00500 error.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_b1b9bb, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. At this time, our engineers are working to resolve this issue.

Currently, the temporary solution is viewing the stream application through other devices such as compatible Roku boxes, cellphones, tablets, computers, etc. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

My Roku is doing the same damn thing.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_2067b7​ Ours too!  Started last night and still ongoing.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Any update on this? Just spent 30 min with xfinity and they couldn’t resolve. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_fa8cba​ HA! I had a tech in my house and even he didn't know. Waste of time! Why haven't they made customers aware in advance of this issue?????

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your services and when reaching out for assistance @user_b90435.

We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window. Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi I'm having the same issue on my JVC and Onn tv. It seems your not advising your techs that this is an ongoing problem. I just spent over 2 hours off and on on the phone with your techs and neither of them could help with the issue. It was not until I found this blog and notice that this has been going on for a while. I was told I would get a call back on tomorrow from someone higher up. If I don't get that call, I will just cancel my whole service. What good is it if you cannot watch live tv and have to pay for it somewhere else. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi @user_40ac9d the above thread is in regards to the Samsung TVs. The Stream App of ours can only be downloaded and watched in LG and Samsung models only at this time but that can change. Right now ONN TV's are not listed. Are you trying to stream the app on a third party device that connects to your ONN TV?

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have 3 Roku's and none are able to stream. I also can no longer stream on my computer or my phone on my home network.  I pay a lot of money for 2 boxes, phone and cable and I can't even stream any more. No one seems to be able to help. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_886357.

Are you getting the same error message "TVAPP-00500" or a different one? I do see some updates were pushed yesterday, have you seen any improvements on your devices when attempting to stream?  

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I also have the same issue and getting the error message TVAPP-00500. I’ve called numerous times and most of the techs are aware of the problem. However, I was told several times that it would be fixed in a day or two and I would get an update. It’s been 2 1/2 weeks now so today I stopped at the local store. The rep there tried to sell me on a tv box for $7.50 per month and guaranteed it would work. Why should I pay for a tv box when it was not needed 2 1/2 weeks ago? That made me wonder if Xfinity has purposely messed up this upgrade to force us to rent their tv box. Anyway, now I see from the comments that the issue is being worked on and I hope to see a resolution soon. However, how about compensating us by reducing our monthly fee while we are suffering this down time?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Not to pile on, but I also bought 3 brand new Samsung TVs and spent hours trying to get the Streaming App working.  Does Xfinity have a way to communicate to ALL customers when something has been fixed?  I either have to wait for the app to work OR buy boxes.   Prefer to wait if it can get resolved in next couple days.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_3d71d0​ Fix: Go to settings and log out, you will then be able to get another code to reactivate the streaming app. ***xfinity employee

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_3d71d0​ Fix: Go to settings and log out, you will then be able to get another code to reactivate the streaming app. ***xfinity employee

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@user_3d71d0

Thank you for reaching out to us today on the Community Forum. I am sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on your Samsung TV's.

Samsung devices can’t stream live and On Demand content until Xfinity Internet and TV services have been installed and activated.

Have you followed the activation instructions listed here - Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on LG and Samsung Smart TVs - Xfinity Support

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_986a79​ doesn’t work. Try again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here