Vando22's profile

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

Monday, March 25th, 2024 8:48 PM

Closed

MISSING MOVIES ON XFINITY STREAM

Second post on this matter, as the first post has been referenced to DM and had 'engineering' investigating the issue for going on five days.  I'm now trying to find if anyone else has had or is having this issue and shed some light on what the deal is with this:

- Saved movies not appearing in the Xfinity App, despite appearing on the tv/cable box version of 'My List.'

- Movies are still able to be searched for, viewed, and favorited in the Xfinity Stream App.

- Favorited TV Shows still appear in 'My List' in the Xfinity Stream App.

- Recorded movies still appear in the Xfinity Stream App.

- Purchased movies still appear in the Xfinity Stream App.

This issue has been ongoing for well over a year, and it was not always like that.  One day they just weren't there but I did not look into it then as I rarely use the Xfinity Stream App.  Now that I am looking into switching strictly to the app, I'm going to need that aspect of the service working. 

It just seems a little strange that no one else has had this problem in 1-2 years and that Comcast can't say anything as to why it is occurring, and it feels like a personal attack at this point.       

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Hi @Vando22,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We already have you in a private message and working with our engineering team to investigate the matter further. We will continue our conversation within the private message and message when we have an update to share.  

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ I am aware of that, but sometimes an outside perspective may be of use.  Whether or not this issue is resolved is going to determine whether I delete everything from the box before I turn it in or not.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Vando22 With return of your set-top box, all content will still be available using the Xfinity Stream application. There are no equipment/service requirements for viewing and watching purchased content when using the Xfinity Stream web portal and Xfinity Stream application as indicated on our 'Xfinity On Demand Purchases — Equipment requirements and FAQs' support page. I also recommend linking your library of content to the Movies Anywhere service where you can link your purchased content to access it from other streaming service providers. You can learn more information by visiting our Movies Anywhere service support page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

Yes but If I'm not going to have access to my saved movies then I'm just going to delete them before returning the box, because if I can't have them no one can. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Vando22 I do not think you can delete purchases from the box as the license will still be stored online for future access when using the Xfinity Stream web portal and application. If you would like to return the set-top box, you can visit our 'How to return your Xfinity equipment' support page to visit a local Xfinity Store, local UPS Store (Package and ship for no charge), or print a return label online from our Digital Return Center. As the box is linked to the account, no one would be able to access any content from the set-top box once removed as they are not saved locally. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

I'm not concerned with the purchases, I only have two and I got them for free.  My concern is the 440+ movies I've saved as favorites.  I am aware they may not be saved to the cable box directly, but they are saved somewhere.  I may not be able to access them directly from 'My List' on the app, but if I do a manual search on the app for one of the movies on that list, it will appear and it will be marked as a favorite, and I can view it.  My point is that when I turn in the cable box, if I am still unable to see the movies listed in 'My List' on the app... I have no access to it but it still exists so someone does.  I will have to delete them all if I turn in the cable box and this issue with the app is not fixed and the movies on 'My List' remain unlisted there.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here