U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 14th, 2021 12:24 PM

Closed

Mini guide icon disappeared- can’t change channels! I am not having the same issue on my other TV.

Everything was working fine on my Xfinity stream app than a few days ago when I put the TV on in the morning it no longer showed the mini guide icon in the lower right corner. I tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling several times but nothing will bring the mini guide back and I cannot change any channel it has been on the same channel since then. I have an LG tv. I am not having the same issue on my other TV. Help!!

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here. It's only my LG smart TV.  Samsung seems ok, let me know if anyone having this issue with other than LG Smart TV and Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Seems to be issue with LG and Xfinity Stream. I opened a ticket with Comcast, they punted and said contact LG

Wonderful...

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_6b4501 appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Xfinity Community Forum page! So sorry for the frustration of the Stream app not working on your LG TV. When you click your remote does any functions on the Stream app respond? Or is it frozen? 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityAlisha The mini guide is gone on LG smart TVs.   Xfinity should be reaching out to LG to fix the issue. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

This is the issue.  The Mini guide has been replaced with "AD" on my LG TV, see screen shot. I have to assume Comcast is aware of this not just through this forum....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here. Not broken on my roku so a issue with the xfinity app on LG.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello @user_ef5f30! I'd like to look into this issue. Can you direct message us your name and address, please? Make sure you are signed in with your Xfinity credentials.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I have been on phone twice with Xfinity support. This an issue with Xfinity Stream app and LG Smart TVs.  Seems xfinity should be working with LG to fix this issue.

The mini guide is gone.  If there is a way to get it back, please advise.  It's not in the settings anymore to add, from what I can see.

Thanks

Francis

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

It's hard to say if it's an LG issue itself. Like many platforms, they just offer an interface for developers to write for. Maybe Comcast put out an update that has a bug.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@andyross Yes. In any event Comcast needs to fix. I was told no update to the Xfinity Stream app, Comcast/Xfinity punted, said to contact LG.

That's ridiculus because it's IN THE XFINITY APP that we are having the issue. If LG did an update that broke Comcast code, Comcast needs to fix!

IMO

Otherwise, it's Hulu, here I come! 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

See attached issue.  Mini Guide has been replaced with "AD" (Audio Description) button, at least on my LG. Also the live menu seems to be stuck on Sunday shows..  Not updating the current day programs on channels.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Any update to LG Tv losing the guide?

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I called LG. They were unaware of any issues with Xfinity Stream. Had no record of it. Essentially we’re in the middle. Neither will take ownership of the issue 

1) time to by a Samsung tv

2) Time to look at HULU or SLING

At least with them, have to assume they will be better fixing issues like this better than COMCAST 

AWFUL..

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I’m on a $2000 LG OLED tv and I can’t even change the channel on the app! Wow! This is an epic fail! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

I am sorry to hear this issue is still happening, I can certainly understand why it would be frustrating not to be able to change the channel @user_73e5a2

To cover the basics, have you (and anyone else in this thread that would be willing to provide more information!) uninstalled and reinstalled the Stream app, logged out and back in to the app, or any other troubleshooting steps so far? What model is the TV? Are you also finding that any other device runs the Stream app fine and it is only the LG TV that is affected?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have 2 LG 77CX Oled and both are suffering from the same problem. The mini guide is there but it only allows you to see channels 1-10. Can’t navigate beyond. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Problem persists on both TVs. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for those additional details as it is helpful for troubleshooting! Have you tried running the app on another device to confirm it is working fine and the issue is just with your LG TVs? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The streaming app works on my mobile devices, (iPad, iphone) but not on smart LG Oled TV. Everything was fine until Xfinty’s last 2 Streaming app updates. That is when guide functions stopped working correctly. It is getting worse, BTW. Two days ago I could scroll through about 10 channels in the regular guide before it froze. It is about half that now. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue with my LG TV. I was told Xfinity would call me back with a fix/response but never heard back. My guide resets to the top (Channel 2) and I can't scroll past eight. My TV is essentially unusable right now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

That is never the experience we want you to be having! Let's get this figured out. I was curious if you had attempted to repair the remote to the system? 

https://comca.st/3f8VP1K

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No, I haven't had the remote physically repaired, if that's what you're asked. Did end up contacting support and one of their advanced tech guys said they are working on it but didn't have a timetable for its fix. I found a temporary workaround to it right now until it's resolved. If it ever is.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue. They told me to call LG.  LG was like, we don't know what Xfinity app is doing.  Comcast essentially punted, saying if it works on Samsung, it's LGs problem.  So wrong.  I'm going to move to Sling or Hulu very soon if not fixed.  Ridiculus I have to deal with the freezing channels, now I can't get a mini guide??? And what you said as well. The regular guide starts at 2, doesn't keep the spot you're on, essentially making the TV/App unuseable.

Seems to be Xfinity should be on the call with LG to figure why THEIR APP is not working on LG TVs

Crazy

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

@Francis401268 I am very sorry for the frustration this has caused. We do not want to lose your business and are here to help! What is the model of your LG TV? What troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the application? 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

I have gone through the model of my TV with tech support already.  It seems most LG models are not supporting Xfinity Stream well, judging from this thread...

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Have been following this forum for several weeks and have the same problem with the mini guide on my LG model 55UN7300AUD. Recently went to stream using the Xfinity App. Cannot keep the guide working. Guide is set for HD filter. Launch the app and the guide works correctly, access the guide and change the channel and then try to access the guide again. The guide shows lower channels 2-10 and will only scroll through the those channels. I must close the app and relaunch it to bring back the correct guide. Can’t something be done to fix this issue?

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@lrjones

Having the same issue. Seems software in LG has broken parts of Xfinity Stream.  Xfinity should work with LG to fix these issues.

All I get from Xfinity tech support is to call LG and this Xfinity Beta has not updated...

Makes no sense, we as customers, have to call LG on behalf of Xfinity.

BTW

I called LG, they have no understanding of the Xfinity Stream app issues and are not in a position to fix Xfinity app issues. 

I'm done with LG AND Xfinity for not working together to fix this issue that has to be affecting many Xfinity Stream users...

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

LG is providing a platform for various streaming programs. If it is a problem with the platform, there would be issues with other streaming apps! I am not having problems with any of my stream apps except Xfinity.

This appears to be a minor glitch with the way the Xfinity app is written and could be fixed in a short time if we could just get Comcast's  attention to the issue. Come on Comcast step up and correct your App!!!

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hey there @lrjones

You've come to the right place and I am more than happy to review the account and see what we need to do to get this issue fully resolved. Please feel free to send me a Peer to Peer message so we can dive into this further. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Did you see the peer to peer message I sent 3 days ago?

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Agreed!  I'm very close to going to Sling or Hulu

Tired of this.  I hear a short fix would be to use a ROKU stick with your LG and use the Stream app on the ROKU

It's a bad workaround.  Agreed, come on COMCAST!  Fix your app...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @Francis401268! Thank you for continuing to share your feedback with the community. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with our Stream app on your LG TV, and would be happy to do some one on one troubleshooting with you in case there's something we haven't yet tried to resolve things remotely! If you'd like for us to dive in with you, please send our team a private message with your full name and full address. We can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to Peer" (private) message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to Peer chat" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

3 years ago

My mini guide is back on my Samsung TV. It wasn't there yesterday. Hope same for those with LG TVs.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here