U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 22nd, 2021 2:59 AM

Closed

Last watched function

Recently my last watch function is defaulting to the lower definition channel example it’s says 809 then when I click on it for last watched it will take me to channel 9 the lower def of 809 any ideas of why this just started I am using the rocu Streaming 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. Occasionally after firmware updates to our Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku, the app can change some to of the settings you may have already configured. To change these settings so the device automatically tunes to the highest resolution possible, follow the directions below.

Format option located in the Settings menu will allow you to automatically tune to the High Definition (HD) version of a live TV channel if you select the Standard Definition (SD) version.
Settings screen with Format option selected.

The HD Preferred option is selected by default. Selection of All Available Formats will tune to the SD or HD format of the channel that is selected.
Format screen with HD Preferred option selected by default.

For additional information about our Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku, we recommend reviewing this article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/navigating-roku-app

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues after attempting these steps. Thanks. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJessie I don’t know if you saw, but your HD preferred solution did not help this group of people. It’s now happening on two of my TVs!! Please rectify this issue!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue with the Last Watched function. This is very annoying. The only workaround is to select channels directly from the guide which is time consuming. Please fix this.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have same issue. It seems issue happened after their latest version.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Double checked my settings and "HD Preferred" is selected. This still defaults to the SD channel when using the "Last Watched" function.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I went to the Comcast store about this issue they had no idea didn’t know what the last watch function was so I went on line and chatted with a virtual agent I’ve done everything checking the HD box restarting etc. nothing has worked yet I did find out if I click on a low def channel on the last watched it will take me to the HD 1000 series channels but you have to click on a low def channel to get to a HD one it’s just screwed up when they updated the Home Screen something must of happened please if xfinity is listening fix this it is so annoying and football is starting 😆

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_ccb385 The SAME EXACT THING is happening to me!! I have to go to low numbers to get HD channels. And I’m also on HD preferred. Have you been able to fix this issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yep.. same thing on ALL of my Roku's .  Fix it!!!

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Thanks for letting us know you're also having the same issue, @thebeedazzler. Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing. By chance, have you tried the workaround suggested by @user_678f91 to see if that fixes your problem? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

That did not address the issue of LAST WATCHED. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I did the opposite. Selected all available formats. Closed app. Opened app and now last watched works like it’s supposed to. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_678f91 

I’ll be [Edited: "Language"], but this works. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Yep that did it. Hopefully Xfinity will fix it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here