DianeD1's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 8:17 PM

Internet Essentials and XRE-00250 error

Great job on Xfinity's part by not educating the reps who are downgrading people to Internet Essentials that their Flex box will no longer work because IT'S NOT INCLUDED in Internet Essentials! I wasted over an hour of my time today because Xfinity once again does not care about their customers or their customers' time, just wasting it willy-nilly as they see fit.

I spoke with TWO reps this morning to get service downgraded to Internet Essentials and NEITHER of them told me this. Imagine my surprise (NOT really though, I mean after all, it is Xfinity we're talking about) when I turned on the TV and there's the message that something is wrong and to call Xfinity and "we'll get you through this!" along with error code XRE-00250.

So I went through the entire ordeal, called 800-Xfinity and went through all the time-wasting recorded messages before getting to the reason I called. Went through the entire text message procedure, responded FAILED so someone called who ALSO DID NOT KNOW that Flex (or Xumo for that matter) are NOT INCLUDED IN INTERNET ESSENTIALS!! I taught them! I went online during this wasted hour plus and I found the information and told the rep.

OH! The rep was sure to try to get me upgrade, though, for another $45 every month. Pfft!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, XFINITY, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!! WHERE'S MY PAYCHECK FOR DOING YOUR JOB???

Official Employee

• 

902 Messages

18 days ago

Hey @DianeD1,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience regarding the Xfinity Flex and Internet Essentials services.

I do apologize, but Xfinity Flex and the Xumo Stream Box are not available with the Internet Essentials services. You can find more information by visiting our 'What's Xfinity Flex?' support page.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here