U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, April 7th, 2023 7:41 PM

Closed

I hope somebody reading this can finally help get this fixed!

I have to manually set up recordings for every Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game, there is no option to make a series recording out of it.  Pretty tedious right?  I use the Xfinity Stream app on Roku and do not own any set-top boxes. I am able to set up series recordings on a lot of other stuff that does not interest me, but not for Pittsburgh Pirates games. Please find a way to fix this problem, I mentioned it last year or maybe it was 2 years ago. It is so inconvenient to have to manually do this night after night. Thank you, and all the best to you!

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_65fcef. Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum. The recording options, and options like the ability to pause, rewind, and fast-forward, are mostly determined by the networks themselves. Also, specifically when it comes to sports, the teams and leagues have input as well. Blackout Restrictions are a good example of this. I hope this helps.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityTravis​ Thank you for the response. I was told roughly 7 months ago that this would be looked into but apparently it wasn't . I was wondering if you folks can directly contact the people who could actually make that adjustment, or provide me with the name or number of that department.  Whether it be the Pittsburgh pirates, AT&T Sportsnet, or whomever. I'm thinking it's a no-brainer to give that option to make a series recording available. So hopefully you can find for me the exact person, people, Department Etc that can actually get this done. Thank you so much!

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_65fcef I realize it's frustrating and tedious. Oftentimes sports are not set up series, so they won't have the option to be recorded that way. I sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

"I'm sorry" and, and "I know this is an inconvenience", doesn't quite cut it here. Whoever is in charge of making the decision of whether to have a series available for Pittsburgh Pirates games needs to be contacted, because this was available in the past and there's no logical reason why this should not be available. Also, being that this is an Xfinity app, I  ask you kind folks to do a little research and find out exactly what department can make this decision, or at least knows who can make the decision. In my heart of hearts, I know this can get done!

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I completely understand how frustrating this would be, @user_65fcef . While I wish there was more we could do to help here it is correct that recording options for programming is determined by the networks themselves. This means you would need to reach out to the network to provide feedback about this option or for more information on how to record from them. Thank you for understanding!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I've been a customer for a long time, I think it would be great if you folks would reach out instead of me having to do it. I'm sure you folks would have better luck than me at navigating that web. I was promised last year that you folks would look into this. I'm assuming that you are not going to do anything on this subject and will just leave it all up to me to try to figure it out. I will not comment further.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here