Hbo max

How do I get HBO max to stream on my tv

Responses

Official Employee

• 

284 Messages

2 m ago

Hello there, @kxtirr

Here is a link that will show you how to create an HBO MaxAccount: https://comca.st/2SREEdi. You should be able to download the HBO App on your TV, or even access it through your X1 box. If you have any further questions, please let me know. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I cannot watch HBO Max through xfinity. App loads, try to start a program - nothing, just goes back to prior screen

Am able to watch through Apple TV so is it an xfinity issue? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I’m also having this problem. HBO max plays in my iPad and satellite box, but not the dvr. Hitting play on any show just loops it back to the home screen. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I just posted that I had this problem. I tried the suggestion to clear cookies and log in again. It’s working now. 

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

2 m ago

I also have this problem.  On Monday I was able to watch HBO Max via the Xfinity app.  Tonight, Tuesday, I can open the app, see the episode of a series I want to watch, and the episode does not play.  Some other program starts up.  I found a work around by using the Xfinity search function, looking up the series title, found the episode I wanted to watch which was listed as free to me, and I was finally able to watch the episodes. 

Restart, refresh, shutting down the tv did not help the problem.  I checked some other things I want from HBO Max such as Studio Ghibili, and the same thing happened.  I can see the movie, click on the movie, and it reverts to something else.  If there is a movie symbol, then the movie will play.  But, there isn't always a movie symbol.  There was no movie symbol for the series episodes I wanted to watch.

I can see everything on the ipad, not not on the TV.  I have a Sony OLED tv purchased in 2020.

My cable box is:  xFi Advanced Gateway xB6.

I should also mention that for some strange reason, I was asked to login to HBO Max through my computer using a code displayed on the screen.  Again, we have been watching HBO Max for many months now since the app is on Xfinity.  There has not been any problem until tonight (June 9).

New to the Community?

Start Here