Shermo_6's profile

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 12:28 PM

Has anyone used Xfinity Stream app on Roku device away from home?

This article says the Stream app away from home only works on mobile devices, portal on website, or on Amazon Fire tvs. Has anyone been able to access Stream app on a Roku device when away from home, on a tv that's not an Amazon Fire tv?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-go-live-streaming-networks#:~:text=Over%20250%2B%20channels%20can%20be,supported%20Chromecast%20and%20AirPlay%20devices.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, Shermo_6, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your Xfinity Stream app. Are you having issues with any other devices when outside the home or only the Roku? 

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ No, only having issue attempting to use xfinity stream on roku when away from home.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Shermo_6 Thanks for confirming. I can see how that would be frustrating and we want to ensure you can enjoy the Xfinity Stream app while you are out of the house! What model of Roku are you using? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Was told and experienced also that once off the home wifi ROKU won't work but I can watch on my phone.  So everyone can sit around and watch on my phone.  How many hundreds of dollars do I pay a month for this to NOT allow me to stream to a ROKU or FIRESTICK or CHROME????  

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ Roku Streambar

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Shermo_6 - The Roku Streambar: 9102X should work just fine. Is this the model you're using?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here