Jerry41's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 5:00 PM

Hacked

I believe my TV is being hacked I can hear other people speaking through it. In a loud ringing throughout the house. And I know it is coming from the TV cuz I can hear the people and I know where they are and Staunton Virginia briarwood to subdivision

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.3K Messages

2 y ago

@Jerry41 wrote:
I believe my TV is being hacked I can hear other people speaking through it. In a loud ringing throughout the house. And I know it is coming from the TV cuz I can hear the people and I know where they are and Staunton Virginia briarwood to subdivision

Do you own a smart television?

Do you have the virus protection turned on?

A regular television cannot be "hacked".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

Reset your TV

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there, Jerry41. Sometimes, if you have a smart TV, people can connect chromecast devices someones, but usually, that needs to be approved on your side. Were you able to fix it? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here