U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 4:37 AM

Getting tvapp-00249 on tablets and smart tv’s

Guide will let me select show in app and then error message appears: TVAPP-00249. HOW TO RESOLVE?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_cm4usw I am sorry to hear you are getting htis error on the Stream App. Are you getting this error on all channels?

2 Messages

Yes, but I did get assistance with a system refresh and it was fine for a few days. It happened again for all channels. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled app for all newish Samsung smart TV’s. So far, so good.

shortly after this, another error came up, saying I had reached my limit for on devices for streaming. I powered TV off and did a hard restart and same for iPads but still getting this error occasionally as well. 

I can’t imagine there is a limit, especially when streaming from in home and not on a remote mobile device. 🫤

Sigh.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_cm4usw Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. The limit error shouldn't be related and is something we can help get fixed for you. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

3 months ago

I am getting this message when all other devices are turned off.  Not sure about all channels but at least three.  Why is this suddenly happening?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Tonita1. I'm sorry to hear you're also getting this error message. Have you by any chance tried removing the app from your devices? How about your software, have you updated it yet?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here