U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Jun 6, 2022 4:20 AM

Fire stick crashes in channel guide

The fire stick crashes in the channel guide when I scroll down. It will get about 15 channels down then freeze and crash returning back to the fire stick menu. I have restarted the app, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I did a factory reset to the fire stick and re-downloaded the app. Same issue every time and the single point of failure as this has also happened on my other fire stick. 

Official Employee

• 

230 Messages

1分前

Hi there @user_6eda0a, thank you so much for reaching out to us about the troubles you are having with our Xfinity Stream App on the Fire Stick. Are you seeing the same issue with other devices? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ as stated above I am seeing this on all of my fire sticks. 

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

We want to see if this issue is only happening on the Fire stick. Do you happen to have the Stream app on a mobile phone or tablet?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Only on the fire stick. Works on iOS devices. 

Official Employee

• 

41 Messages

Thank you for your reply. Can you try removing the power cable going into the Firestick for about 2-minutes and then plug it back in? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Did that in original troubleshooting and did it again. Still same issue. I have a video to show you it stopping and crashing when scrolling through the channel guide but of course I can’t upload it to this forum…. 

it is demonstrated to be an issue with your program and not the fire stick as all of the other programs on it work just fine without issue.  

let me know when u have a fix. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

8日前

19 days and your app still freezes. What troubleshooting are you doing? 

Official Employee

• 

55 Messages

So sorry this has been so frustrating for you. Have you by chance made sure that the firmware and software is up to date on your Firestick? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here