Chris55812's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 2:00 PM

Closed

ESPN3.com / WatchESPN - Why can't this ever work properly?

Trying to access ESPN's online streaming product through Comcast/Xfinity has become absolutely infuriating.

Why is it that Comcast/Xfinity can't seem to get the ESPN3.com or WatchESPN to set up properly or consistently?

Please note, WatchESPN is touted as a feature of Comcast/Xfinity.  After months of not being available... recently, it was announced that it was.

It works through the mobile app, but not on the desktop... which makes no sense.

When you go to ESPN3.com, you are redirected now to WatchESPN.

When you attempt to watch a program, you are asked to identify your cable service provider.

Comcast is not among the options.

Selecting "Not Found", you are asked to enter your zip code and pick from a list of cable providers.

Only then is Comcast shown.

BUT... ESPN then directs you to log in directly through Comcast/Xfinity

So, you go do that, and the only connection you get when you click on ESPN3.com through Comcast/Xfinity's page is a blog listing of the schedule.  

There is no apparent way to access ESPN3.com through Comcast... DESPITE THE FACT THAT'S WHAT ESPN'S OWN PAGE INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO.

There are direct links to ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU but clicking on ESPN3.com only takes you to a schedule listing... with no way to access ESPN3.com.

The process to get to, and the availabilty of, ESPN's online products on Comcast/Xfinity has changed seemingly month-tomonth over the last couple years.

...that's despite their constant advertising that it's available.

This is infuriating.

Anyone with Comcast care to comment or assist... for a change?

Am I missing something?

Help, for once?

(Note: I tried to post screenshots of each step along the way, but this interface won't let me.  Yet another technical disaster brought to you by Comcast/Xfinity).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

ComcastJoe, same problem here.  When I go to WatchESPN and click on ESPN3, I'm prompted to select my cable provider.  Comcast is not in the list of cable providers, so it won't let me watch the stream.

The link below is to is a screenshot of my list of cable providers.  Comcast isn't in it.  I've tried a number of times.  I'm trying to watch from work, not home.

http://cl.ly/142m101d3h0j3h3d1L0Z

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

UPDATE!

even better beta for y'all...

here's a simpler process:

1. sing in on xfinitytv.com

2. google "watchespn"

3. select the "streaming online" subheading on the result

4. a pop up box should activate giving you access, just do a search for what you are looking for and you are home free my friends!

agreed that this is a huuuge hassle and the service should not be this clunky for remote access given the price we are paying! comcast is definitely not winning any plaudits for ease of use!  but there is a way.......

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've tried everything listed here. Nothing works. Fix this awful user experience Comcast. Xfinity or Comcast should be listed in that drop down... ridiculous. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

@blodgett_waxwin wrote:

UPDATE!

even better beta for y'all...

here's a simpler process:

1. sing in on xfinitytv.com

2. google "watchespn"

3. select the "streaming online" subheading on the result

4. a pop up box should activate giving you access, just do a search for what you are looking for and you are home free my friends!

agreed that this is a huuuge hassle and the service should not be this clunky for remote access given the price we are paying! comcast is definitely not winning any plaudits for ease of use!  but there is a way.......

Thanks, this method worked great.  Follow this method.  Even though Comcast is now missing from the drop down, if you do what is said here, after logging into xfinity you will open up the stream, and from there you can choose what you want to watch.  Thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Joe,

Any updates? 

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hi all,

Our team is currently looking into this. I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

4 Messages

12 years ago

I am still having an issue when trying to watch remotely on my laptop.  I receive both TV and internet service from Comcast.  The ESPN site does not provide Comcast as an option.  Ipad works fine

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

Hi,

I've been told that this issue should be resolved.  Can those of you that were having the issue please try again and let us know if you're still having the issue?

If you're still having an issue, can you please let me know if you are a Video only customer or if you receive Video and High Speed Data service?

thanks!

Eric

4 Messages

12 years ago

Logged into Comcast with my user name and password.  Then tried to log into ESPN3.  Comcast still not listed among the providers in the drop down menu "Select your internet service provider"  at the ESPN 3 site.  By the way, this worked fine on my computer until Comcast added the "Watch ESPN" feature for ipads/iphones

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for responding.  So that we can further troubleshoot the issue with ESPN, can you click this link and copy and paste the results:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

thanks,

Eric

4 Messages

12 years ago

Here you go.  FYI, this is my travel computer, and I am trying to connect from a internet source in Chicago today:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60043 My Cable Provider: Comcast Highland Park Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: 3rd Floor, Basement, Sunroom My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 137.169.21.1 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 10.2 r159 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

<:footer>

Official Employee

• 

658 Messages

12 years ago

Can you try logging in with your primary account to see if that works?

thanks,

Eric

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Yes on Comcast connection, I was getting same as above, until I signed in as Primary....

Ooops! I see this is about remote connection, but proves it works on Comcast at least.....

Here's where it takes me, when I press watch live:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/509589/size/condensed/

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Tried again with primary account.  Still no luck.  Suspect it is working for Jabberer because he is logging in from home, not remotely

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Just signed in as primary user, ESPN 3 worked for me (live), the player opened in a pop up window....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here