Chris55812's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 2:00 PM

Closed

ESPN3.com / WatchESPN - Why can't this ever work properly?

Trying to access ESPN's online streaming product through Comcast/Xfinity has become absolutely infuriating.

Why is it that Comcast/Xfinity can't seem to get the ESPN3.com or WatchESPN to set up properly or consistently?

Please note, WatchESPN is touted as a feature of Comcast/Xfinity.  After months of not being available... recently, it was announced that it was.

It works through the mobile app, but not on the desktop... which makes no sense.

When you go to ESPN3.com, you are redirected now to WatchESPN.

When you attempt to watch a program, you are asked to identify your cable service provider.

Comcast is not among the options.

Selecting "Not Found", you are asked to enter your zip code and pick from a list of cable providers.

Only then is Comcast shown.

BUT... ESPN then directs you to log in directly through Comcast/Xfinity

So, you go do that, and the only connection you get when you click on ESPN3.com through Comcast/Xfinity's page is a blog listing of the schedule.  

There is no apparent way to access ESPN3.com through Comcast... DESPITE THE FACT THAT'S WHAT ESPN'S OWN PAGE INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO.

There are direct links to ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU but clicking on ESPN3.com only takes you to a schedule listing... with no way to access ESPN3.com.

The process to get to, and the availabilty of, ESPN's online products on Comcast/Xfinity has changed seemingly month-tomonth over the last couple years.

...that's despite their constant advertising that it's available.

This is infuriating.

Anyone with Comcast care to comment or assist... for a change?

Am I missing something?

Help, for once?

(Note: I tried to post screenshots of each step along the way, but this interface won't let me.  Yet another technical disaster brought to you by Comcast/Xfinity).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks ComcastJoe for quick Response.

The issue lies in the cookie authorization process.

If you have selected to block thirdy party cookies the Auth will always fail. Uncheck that option is Chrome. For some reason I have that checked in IE as well, but it worked nonetheless. 

Hope this will help somebody.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

Chris55812,

Once you log-in at XFINITYTV.com, you should not have to log-in at ESPN3.com again. Try going to XFINITYTV.com first and then try going to ESPN3.com and try playing a video.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@psclavos wrote:

I have had this exact same issue.  I tried CoomcastJoe's fix and it still isn't working.  There seems to be no way to log into Comcast on espn3.com.  Is there something we are missing?

What error message are you getting when trying to sign in at ESPN3.com?

Are you getting the "Email Address and password were not found. Please try again." message by any chance?

Thanks,
Joe
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

What happens is when you click the "click here to watch" link for espn3  from this page

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/specials/sports

it redictects you to the espn3 schedule which is this page

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/category/espn/

However the "click here to watch" links work for espn and espn2.

Also the menu near the top of the link above only allows you to "watch live" espn espn2 and espnu. with the espn3 only allows you to "view schedule" Also, I have tried this at multiple times for multiple programs that are airing on espn3.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Kenny2838 wrote:

What happens is when you click the "click here to watch" link for espn3  from this page

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/specials/sports

it redictects you to the espn3 schedule which is this page

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/category/espn/

However the "click here to watch" links work for espn and espn2.

Also the menu near the top of the link above only allows you to "watch live" espn espn2 and espnu. with the espn3 only allows you to "view schedule" Also, I have tried this at multiple times for multiple programs that are airing on espn3.

So the ESPN3 button takes you here now:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/

ESPN3 is not a network you find on your TV like ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU. ESPN3 will have everything that's available on ESPN and ESPN2 but it will also have some games that are not televised anywhere else. You may not see this now but once college football starts for example, there will be many games available just on ESPN3.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Joe, 

Even though the link takes you to ESPN3 now, the site still does not work for Comcast subscribers because Comcast is not listed in the dropdown menu of providers to pick from when you try to watch a game.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@PT1512 wrote:

Joe, 

Even though the link takes you to ESPN3 now, the site still does not work for Comcast subscribers because Comcast is not listed in the dropdown menu of providers to pick from when you try to watch a game.

Try signing in at XFINITYTV.com with your Comcast credentials and then try watching ESPN3 content and let me know the results. You should not be prompted to sign in at ESPN3 again.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Does the remote access feature of ESPN3 no longer work? I used to be able to sign into ESPN3 with my Comcast credentials from anywhere and watch it, but now when I try to do this, Comcast is not listed as an option. This works fine when I'm home and I connected to my Xfinity Internet but I like to be able to take my laptop with me to other places and watch also. I tried logging into xfinitytv.com first but that didn't help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Joe - I think my issue is the same as storm2k.  I was able to connect to espn3 last night at home but am never able to connect when I am traveling.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

Storm2k & PT1512,

Try deleting your cookies and cache and please try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Joe,

I deleted cookies and cache from chrome and firefox, but am still prompted with "Get Remote Access to WatchESPN" when I am attempt to watch at any location other than at home.  I was able to log-in last night from home, so has Comcast just disabled the ability to connect remotely when you aren't on your own connection (i.e at work or airport)?

Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@PT1512 wrote:

Joe,

I deleted cookies and cache from chrome and firefox, but am still prompted with "Get Remote Access to WatchESPN" when I am attempt to watch at any location other than at home.  I was able to log-in last night from home, so has Comcast just disabled the ability to connect remotely when you aren't on your own connection (i.e at work or airport)?

Thanks. 

Are you trying to access ESPN from XFINITYTV.com or through Watchespn.com?

I ask because I want you to go to XFINITYTV.com and sign in and then try going to Watchespn.com and try again. Hopefully, you will be able to bypass the sign in screen at ESPN.

Thanks,
Joe

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

Try going directly to these links and let me know if they work:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn2

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, those links for ESPN and ESPN2 are working fine.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

This is what I have been attempting:

1.  I am going to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ and logging into my Comcast account

2.  Clicking the picture for ESPN3 in the "Watch Live Now on XFINITY TV" section which routes me to http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/

3.  Clicking the specific ESPN3 content I want to watch and get this message accompanied by a dropdown box:

Get Remote Access to WatchESPN

In order to access WatchESPN, you must receive your Internet service or, in some instances, your television service through one of the providers listed below.

Your current network falls outside of these categories. Please select your provider from the list. If you can't find your provider, select "Not Found" at the bottom.

4.  In the drop down box, Comcast Xfinity is not an option to select as a provider. 

This only happens when I am attempting to access remotely, and does not occur when I am at home.

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here