U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 1:48 AM

Closed

(Error TVAPP-00170)

Is there a fix for (Error TVAPP-00170)? For several months now I have been unable to stream from my desktop computer. I have tried with chrome, firefox, and microsoft edge to stream.  I am able to log into my account, but as soon as I try to go to the xfinity stream tab I get the following: 

Sorry, we've run into a problem.

The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?

(Error TVAPP-00170)

I sign out and the same screen continues to appear.

I have attempted to fix this issue with both online and call in tech support and was told the issue was being bumped to the next level of support and I would hear more from them. All I recieved was a text asking me for more information.  When I called back I got the same level of support reading the same script and suggestion the same fixes that have proven numerous times to not work.  I wasted so much time on this issue that I decided to wait and see if it would be fix and it never was.

Im at the end of my rope and am considering canceling my tv service and going with other streaming options as steaming is the main way I watch comcast/xfinity.

One tech told me this was a known issue and online searches seem to prove this! So why has no one fixed this. HELP! 

Problem Solver

• 

447 Messages

3 years ago

Error TVAPP-00170 can happen if your stream account has too many signed in users or active devices. Did Xfinity support check this for you? I've seen a few posts where folks were way over their limit somehow.  Xfinity had to de-provision all the registered devices on their account. Only thing is you need to login and reactivate all your devices again.

Xfinity TV customers can stream  up to five devices at the same time, with a total of 45 devices registered on the account. The limit of five simultaneously streaming devices includes Partner Devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@DreamSayerZ Thank you for the advice I will see. The only device I use to access streaming is my computer.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_f75533! We appreciate you for posting to the Xfinity Help & Support Forum to get help with error code TVAPP-00170. @DreamSayerZ is correct. If you are continuously getting that error, there are too many devices attempting to stream at the same time you are. We'd be happy to review your account and devices so we can deprovision any that are not or should not be in use.

Please click the Direct Messaging chat icon in the top right corner of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. Please be sure to provide us with your first and last name and full address, and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks for your help @DreamSayerZ

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Talk to xfinity about error TVAPP-00170, he did not offer this solution.  xfinity just likes to waste your time with people who do not know how to fix their problems, the gentleman said give them a hour to solve the problem and they will text to see if the fix works. I guess I'm not one of their "Valuable Customers" that they can give me a call to see if the problem was solved.   The gentleman repeats what the problem is and what he has done and then tells me, I can get a free iphone if I sign up for their mobile service.  Is xfinity saying you are having problems so lets sell you more services so you can have more problems.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Above fix did not work!  Call back and talked to the person who could solve the problem.  It tTook less than 2 minutes to fix.  xfinity's computer showed that I had over 500 sign-ins, cleared the sign-ins and it solved the TVAPP-00170 error.  It took over 24 hours to apply a two minute fix!  WOW!!  Just think if I was NOT a "Valuable Customer" how long it could take to fix.  Tech said you have to talk to someone who cannot fix the problem, so they can create a ticket in the system so you can talk to someone who can resolve the problem.  I'm so happy that xfinity respects my time.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there @harrymay9301!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are always glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to ensure that you are being provided with the best experience with your service.  Please feel free to shoot us a message with your full name and service address so that we can make sure this is resolved for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3IaK8Us 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here