U

Friday, September 29th, 2023 1:01 AM

Closed

Eero not recognized as home WiFi network when attempting to stream TV

I have an Eero mesh WiFi network that is behind an owned Netgear CM2050V MODEM. Literally EVERYTHING works on the WiFi network EXCEPT that I can't stream Xfinity TV channels on the Xfinity web site because Xfinity thinks that I'm NOT on my home WiFi network! This began happening after the "10G" upgrade that was done early in the year. Ever since that upgrade, when I call to "activate" my owned modem, the MTA MAC is listed instead of the CM MAC. When it is change to the proper address and then "activated", it would work for about a week, and then I would suddenly get the notice that I need to be on my home WiFi network. I call, the MAC is wrong. They fix it. It's good for about a week. Rinse and repeat for the past 7-8 months!  That's until 9 days ago when nothing can be done to get Xfinity to recognize that my Eero WiFi network is my home network. Nobody at Xfinity knows what to do.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Good evening @user_94f1a8, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums! For troubleshooting purposes, have you checked if the browser you are using to access our website needs to be updated? Are you experiencing this issue on all devices or on certain devices?

2 Messages

It's not browser, device, or OS specific. It does it on all platforms.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for confirming multiple devices are experiencing this issue that greatly helps with isolating potential causes @user_94f1a8. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

did you ever get this fixed?  I have the exact issue you do 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

Hello, @user_7fjfup  We have your direct message and will continue to assist you privately. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here