koche005's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, December 19th, 2021 8:34 PM

Closed

DVR viewing away from home

I recorded a movie I wanted to watch with my sister who also has xfinity internet. I went to her house and logged into my account on her computer so we could watch the movie. Under "Recordings" were a lot of shows I've never recorded that are not on my recordings list at home. The content that is on my recording list at home was not visible from the remote login. Absolutely none of it was there. Also, under "scheduled" there were a lot of things scheduled to record that I never set up. None of these recordings are my sister's either. In fact, she only has internet from Xfinity, not Xfinity TV and DVR.

1. Why can't I see any my DVR content when I log in at my sister's house? 

2. What's going on with these DVR recordings that are not mine and don't show up on my DVR list at home?

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @koche005! I hope you are having a great day so far. Thank you for reaching out to us here through our Xfintiy Community Forums page. We are all here to help give you the best experience possible and we would be glad to help. I know how important it is to access your DVR content. I’d like to ask, are you logging in with your primary username and password? Are you able to access your DVR recordings from the app by chance? How long have you noticed this issue has been happening?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityMikeB  I'm not sure what you mean by primary account. I used the login I normally use. When I look at the recordings from home, via web or on my phone, I see the correct content. I haven't tried using the phone app on my sister's wi-fi. Shouldn't I be able to view the correct content on the web? And where did this strange content come from and why can I only see the weird content when I'm remote?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

We appreciate your reply @koche005. The first thing I would focus on is the device you are using. A few things come to mind such as testing the issue on a few devices and clearing cache and cookies on the devices. When you were at your sister's did you use her device(s)? We may need to take a closer look at your account to work on the issue in greater detail. If the issue is noticeable on all devices send your name and service address in a Direct Message. Use the Direct Message icon at the top of the page to send your message to "Xfinity Support." We will take the right actions to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here