U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, October 13th, 2023 1:40 AM

Closed

DVR recordings do not show desktop computer or mobile streaming app, but do on TV set top box/TV

I have spent an hour on each of the last two days with a "tech". Neither can solve the problem of DVR recordings nor showing up on stream apps (desktop computer or mobile). Both have said I will get a follow up call since they could not solve the problem. Yesterday, I did not get the call; we'll see if I get one today.

Further, after the gyrations the tech put me through, I cannot even sign on to my mobile streaming app (Samsung S20). I can only get there on my browser. (xfinity.com/stream).

I have the distinct feeling that the whole web infrastructure on Comcast is a just a patchwork and it is in chaos. Time to leave if they cannot get their act together.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

11 months ago

@user_245284 We do appreciate you taking the time to make this post and outline the issues you have been running into with your recordings. We want to ensure that you are able to enjoy your content not matter how you are accessing it, so we'll make sure to get this working. You mentioned that you are not able to sign in with the Xfinity Stream app. Can you share more on what issues you are having when trying to use the app?

When it comes to being able to view recordings on the Xfinity Stream app, or online via the Stream web portal, you are only able to see recordings that are saved within your Cloud DVR. Are you able to see any recordings at all online, or are none showing at all? Were you able to see your recordings before and now they are gone, or did they never show up in the first place?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you for reaching out. I have resolved the issue of signing onto the app myself; in the gyrations the "tech' put me through a setting in my browser (edge) somehow got changed to block the browser from opening external apps (i.e. Xfinity streaming). By the way, as I surmised I never did get a call back as I was promised by the "tech".

The remaining issue is not seeing all my recordings in the streaming app, whether on my Samsung, or on my desktop pc. For example:

1. On my set top box / TV my recording list has multiple "60 Minutes" recordings from the past several months.
  2. On my Samsung streaming app, I only see the latest "60 Minutes" recording; the others never showed up
  3. On my Samsung browser at xfinity.com/stream I similarly see only the latest "60 Minutes" recording
  4. On my desktop PC at xfinity.com/stream again I only see the latest "60 Minutes" recording
  5. Some recordings on my set top/TV never showed up at all on the streaming app, or at xfinity.com/stream

This is also true for other series I have recorded from my set top box / TV. In other words, there are some recordings missing from any streaming app. I think the streaming app was updated recently. A few weeks ago the app was working as you would expect. 

I have just started recording some series just to see if new recordings are retained correctly.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_245284 Setting up a new recording is going to be a great troubleshooting step to take. If the same recordings are not showing even across all the devices that work off of Cloud DVR, then that sounds like there may be a backend issue going on here. I know you have put in a lot of effort to get this taken care of, and our team is committed to ensure this is resolved. Can you send our team a direct message so we can take a deeper look at the notes from the previous techs you spoke with and help provide the solution you need? To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I can be specific on streaming apps. Any recording over one day old is automatically removed, ie. recordings I made a couple of days ago are gone today and only yesterday's recordings remain.

Official Employee

• 

681 Messages

Thank you for clarifying that for us, @user_245284! Please send us a DM so we can dig into troubleshooting with your account directly to ensure it is resolved. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

(By the way I tried to DM but DM was not working -- tried two browsers. Just got the rotating circle.)

My dvr recording both at home and while streaming through the apps was fine until a few weeks ago when the streaming app would not retain recordings other than the most recent ones.

I have researched this myself, particularly the difference between at home recording on my dvr set top box and cloud dvr, something I had paid no attention to until now. When I changed my plan, my cloud dvr hours went from something like 150 or 300 to 20. That is why I only see the most recent recordings while streaming now.

If this had happened very soon after I changed plans I could have acted. However, to have the change in cloud dvr implemented some 4 months or so after I changed my package, without notice, is just plain wrong and does not speak well of Comcast. It inspires me to seek possible alternatives at the end of my plan.

What do I want? Restoration of the cloud dvr hours I had before you recently changed them since I was not made aware of the change when your agent helped me change plans in June/July. Not quite bait and switch but definitely an omission that helped keep my business then.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

10 months ago

Similar problem here. I have only cloud service for DVR. After a year or so with no issues I cannot view recordings or recording schedules consistently in the iOS app or Fire tv app. I have 2 iPhones and 3 Fire TVs. It is intermittent on all devices. I can see recordings on my PC and am currently streaming to my TV from this to watch recordings. I’ve spent over 5 hours on the phone with billing and various levels of tech support. Still waiting for a call back from a tier 3. Just terrible service. 

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

Hey there @joenkim that does sound like quite the headache. Since you've been in touch with support already, we want to pick up right where those conversations left off. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

9 months ago

I'm having the opposite problem. I can see all my recordings from the web app (most of the time) and only a few from the DVR.
For what it's worth, I think this problem started when I stored a recording for over a year. (never did get around to watching that) After that recording was deleted due to age, I started to see issues. The app and DVR were out of sync and both tended to be flaky. The app/DVR would show a few things, then later would show them all.
I am speculating that when the file was deleted on age, it broke the database.

My plan is to delete all recordings. Then contact Xfinity and see if there is a reset that can be done to get me back to a clean state.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here