M

Saturday, November 25th, 2023 11:08 PM

Closed

DVR recording won't play on Stream

I have a Toshiba Fire TV.  Have used Stream on it for months.   Recently any recorded shows will not play on this TV.  When I select the the show to watch it only gives the options to "Delete Recording" or " Go to Recordings".   I can watch the recorded shows on my iPad via the Stream app, but not on the TV with the Stream app.

HELP

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

Hey @Mjaxon56,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to assist with your Xfinity Stream app issue. Would you be able to provide us some additional details such as if you are connected to your In-Home network when attempting to access the DVR recording as well as if the recording is still airing versus if the program/recording has ended? Do you also have any set-top boxes within the home that are experiencing the same issue? We hope to hear from you soon to see how we can get you back up and running again.  

4 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ All our TV sets and ipads are connect to my In-Home network.  The recordings we are trying to view on the fire TV thru the Stream app are all ended and saved.  We can watch them on the 2 TVs with the boxes (X1) and they work on our ipads.  We just can't watch on the TVs without X1 boxes .

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for confirming that all of your devices are connected to your in-home network @Mjaxon56, and which devices your DVR problem is occurring on. To confirm, are you experiencing any error codes or messages when attempting to stream on your TVs without X1 boxes? May I also ask if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the stream app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

No error codes or error messages...I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  That worked!  Thanks, recordings now play. THANK YOU!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Awesome, we are happy to hear that worked @Mjaxon56, and your recordings are now playing again! Do you have any other questions our team can assist with today? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ Uninstall and reinstalling fixed it!  I had not tried that, thank you, thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here