U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 8:20 PM

Closed

Default closed captioning when I launch XFINITY Streaming App

Recently when I launch XFINITY streaming app on my LG smart tv’s, closed captioning is automatically activated for the first station.  Once I turn it off it stays off for other stations until I launch the app again.  Does anyone else have this recent situation and have a solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

We have the same problem on Samsung smart tv and also on lg. Not found a solution other than turning it off each time the app launches. App on Roku doesn’t seem to have this recent problem. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

It is recent that I have experienced this. I do not have the issue with the app on my iPad so seems related to smart TVs

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I would appreciate a response and fix status from an XFINITY technician or at a minimum, a recognition of this issue and next steps to resolve. 

8 Messages

@user_a2b6e1​    I have the same issue with stream on a Samsung smart TV.   CC just showed up about 10 days ago and I can not find any way to turn it off - on the App and the streaming portal.   Had 3 chat sessions with Comcast without any joy

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_a2b6e1! Thanks for taking the time to visit us on our forums page for help with enabling and disabling those closed captions on the XFINITY Stream app on the LG TV. I understand the convenience of being able to turn the closed captioning off and on without having to relaunch the app. We will do everything within our power to help with a solution. Just to confirm, to get this resolved, you want the option to turn the closed captions off and on without having to relaunch the app. Does this sound correct?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

It looks like more people want the default to be caption off. Is there a way to do that? Thank you

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

8 months ago

I have the same issue on my LG TV as well.  This started as of a week ago when a new app version was automatically installed.  Quite annoying every time you turn on your TV having to turn off closed captioning!

Please fix this Xfinity!

8 Messages

How do you turn it off?   I have been unable to find an off button on my Samsung TV with the stream APP.  Thank you in advance

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_ykdb1c, Here is a link that may help you with this. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-mobile-apps-closed-captioning. Let me know if this helps or if you are still needing assistance. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

@XfinityAngie How about getting word to the application development team to fix the problem they created?!?  Stop telling how to keep turning it off!!!

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

Thank you so much @StellarFusion! I am sorry about the frustrations, and we are aware of a known concern with the close captioning. Our engineer teams are working to resolve the issue, and currently estimate to have it resolve 12/15/23. That date can change but our teams are working directly to have it updated as quickly as possible. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you. I hope it is resolved by that date. It is very frustrating especially since it did not exist a few months ago

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Still not resolved. New estimate? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

The issue with the closed captioning as default is still there and becoming more annoying as time goes by.  I would think it would be a simple change to make. 

Please escalate and provide a near term date for resolution

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 months ago

@XfinityGabriel  Still not resolved and its 12/18!  When will this be fixed?!?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello StellarFusion

We would love to help. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-paym

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

@XfinityAngie @XfinityGabriel Thanks for your lack of help.  Writing a message to "Xfinity Support" will do NOTHING and you know it!  Only Employees such as yourself can create a ticket and get it assigned to the software engineering team.  DON"T PUT THIS ON CUSTOMERS TO DO YOUR JOB!

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@StellarFusion We understand that this is an inconvenience to our customers, and the engineering team is still working on this. There currently is no timetable to provide. 

8 Messages

7 months ago

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-mobile-apps-closed-captioning - talks about stream on a phone or tablet.  This issue occurs when streaming is used on a TV.  it is now 12/19 - way past 12/15 - and the issue continue.   Does comcast really care?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Obviously XFINITY is not taking this seriously.  They create the problem and them does not resolve their own error. YouTube TV continues to look more attractive to me.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Yes, we ABSOLUTELY care, user_ykdb1c! Can you give me more info on this? Does it happen to only certain devices or all devices? Do you notice it on certain programs or when you're watching live or on demand? Can you recall when this first started for you?

2 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, 

I just tried using the streaming app on my Samsung tv for the first time, and yep, closed captioning is on by default, and I can’t get rid of it. This is a problem. Please fix it. Now. 
thanks 

2 Messages

Ah, figured out how to turn it off on my TV. Not sure if it will come back when I exit and return. Probably will. At least I can turn it off though 😊

1 Message

This closed captioning issue is still happening to me. Any advice other than getting rid of xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_a34g10! Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, are you able to turn off Closed Captioning for the program you're watching? 

1 Message

7 months ago

This is so ridiculous and so annoying. Every time I turn my TV on to Xfinity  I have to go through this close captioning baloney. Yes you can turn it off but if you switch channels and come back it’s on again. Why cant you fix this. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I have given up and am researching other streaming apps. 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_99h3dp Sorry to hear that. If you're having issues please feel free to send us a direct message for us to further assist. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We are aware of this issue and working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible for impacted customers. We expect to have an update to the app that will resolve this coming soon. Please ensure you continue to check for updates to your Xfinity Stream app via your LG TVs to receive that update when it is available. Thank you again for your continued patience.

1 Message

7 months ago

I’m not convinced this is an Xfinity problem - I DO NOT have Xfinity, but about 4 months ago closed captioning showed up on my Samsung TV- when I go into settings, it is OFF, but when I exit settings, it’s still on the TV- I thought Samsung put it on, you guys are blaming your cable provider 

8 Messages

Interesting ---  On my Samsung TV, it only happens when xfinity stream is used as the media input and not with Prime / Netflix +  Comcast agreed that it was their issues - see above.

2 Messages

6 months ago

This CC issue should be a simple fix. What is taking Comcast so long to correct their programming errors? Why is causing an inconvenience for so many of your customers (this seems to be a global issue) not a critical issue? Someone needs to get written up for this!

2 Messages

@user_yrf6mm​ 

And the instructions below are not accurate. There is no Direct Message icon. Also, the instructions referred to earlier are for handheld devices “tap on the screen”, not smart tvs.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I call BS on Comcast/Xfinity Support!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

It happens when I use the Xfinity steam app on my iPhone. Trying to bing watch a series and I have to turn off cc when each new episode starts! Why is the default CC ON?? I’m sick of having to open settings and toggle it off every half hour. Get it together xfinity!! 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_062e93 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here