joenkim's profile

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

Monday, November 20th, 2023 2:39 AM

Closed

Cloud DVR

I have only cloud service for DVR. After a year or so with no issues I cannot view recordings or recording schedules consistently in the iOS app or Fire tv app. I have 2 iPhones and 3 Fire TVs. It is intermittent on all devices. I can see recordings on my PC and am currently streaming to my TV from this to watch recordings. I’ve spent over 5 hours on the phone with billing and various levels of tech support. Still waiting for a call back from a tier 3. Just terrible service. 

Ticket cr117566259

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

11 months ago

With DVR available on iOS.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

the DVR disappears within a minute of opening the app.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @joenkim thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and relay your experience and frustrations, and giving us a chance to help. The screenshots you've provided are excellent and will help immensely.  You provide a ticket number, which shows you've engaged with us on this previously.  These are from your iOS mobile devices - what does the experience look like on Fire TV? Does it bring up the recording initially, but then disappear also?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

Yes similar view on fire tv’s. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

fire TV. This will occasionally show recordings but it isn’t cooperating today. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for sending over those pictures. I do see that the recordings show on your PC like you mentioned but not on the mobile app. @joenkim, just to confirm, are you using the same login for all the devices? Have you also made sure you are connecting to your personal home XFINITY network?

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

11 months ago

steaming to TV from laptop. 

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

11 months ago

I had to log in to all my apps today. I was hoping to see progress, but now I can’t get to recording on PC. Complete loss of DVR function. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

When you say you had to log in to all devices - meaning that we logged you out of all devices as part of troubleshooting? Or was this something you did for yourself by logging out and in? 

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

I’m assuming it was Xfinity. I got a message when I opened the app saying my service changed and I needed to log in. This was on the two devices (iPhone and Fire tv) I used yesterday. No obvious change in the app including no DVR. I also cannot view recording on the PC as I could before so it’s worse. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Ah, okay. @mdarrenb Does the PC, iPhone, and Fire TV allow you to record any live content?

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

It’s continuing to record shows previously set up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

You mentioned your PC is no longer able to access recordings. Does it do the same thing as your other devices, where the recordings appear for a minute or so after initial login, only to disappear, or do the recordings never come up at all?

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

11 months ago

Still not fixed. I got a call today from XFinity to tell me my issue is being bundled with many others having similar problems. Of course I’m still paying for the service that I can’t access. No ETA. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, @joenkim thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forum regarding your issues with the DVR. Are you still having the same issue? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here