U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 2nd, 2023 4:02 AM

Closed

Can’t turn off audio description

I am watching Xfinity stream through my fire tv and can’t get the audio description to stop. I have gone into settings/accessibility/audio description it is already off. I have removed the Xfinity app and reinstalled. I have cleared cache. Even unplugged fire tv. Any ideas on how to make it stop ?  Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having issues with your Xfinity Stream app and the audio description. Since the Xfinity Stream app is an online application have you tried doing a restart on your modem to see if that helps? Also, have you tried using the Xfinity Stream app on another device and are you having the same issue? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ have you found a fix for this yet?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

It's getting old really fast,  gonna drop back our service

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

I can understand the frustration with the stream app issues. Can you please provide more details regarding your issues with the app? Are you experiencing the issue on multiple devices? Have you toggled the closed captioning feature within the stream app directly and noticed any changes? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue. Settings shows the audio description is OFF. The “ad” at the bottom of the screen is not marked. It is driving me crazy. Cannot watch my recordings. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

I understand how frustrating the issue is. Have you attempted to toggle it on and then off?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Has anyone found a fix for this? It just randomly started and I cannot get it to turn off, it is so frustrating! 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @GSLady87. Can you please share what type of device your accessing the app on? Have you checked to see if it may be a feature built into the device under the device settings rather than the app settings? 

1 Message

1 year ago

This is happening my me.  I only use this for one television, no other devices.  It shows off on my settings but it keeps giving descriptions of actions.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thanks for those details, @user_debf0e! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here