U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 25th, 2021 5:46 AM

Closed

Cannot Activate Xfinity app on LG TV

I have a LG OLED65CXPUA TV and I installed the Xfinity beta app from the LG Store.

I guess first question is whether or not the OLED CX series is actually supported.

The problem is that I am having problems activating the app.

When launched, I get the "Get Started" button which I click and get an access code.

When I enter this on my desktop computer (also entering Xfinity username/password) I get a screen that says "Success".

Upon returning to my TV, I see a box that says something like - This device can access the Xfinity Stream only on an in-home Xfinity network ...blah, blah, blah.

My only option is to exit the app.

When relaunching, I start all over with "Get Started", etc.

I followed the directions found in https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs.

I even went and created an LG account, but it's not clear what's meant by " link a device".

I can't find explicit instructions on how to do this.

I did register my TV, but I still have no luck activating the app.

Any reasonable suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @user_80db58, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Forums.

I looked into your compatibility concern and see your TV model is not available at this time. The models supported is below. I apologize for any inconvenience.

LG TVs that are currently supported:

• 2020 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9, including support for models with the new software version WebOSTV 5.0.
  • 2019 TVs with Model Codes LG SM, LG UM, LG LM, LG OLED *9.
  • 2018 TVs with Model Codes LG SK, LG UK, LG LK, LG OLED *8.
  • 2017 TVs with Model Codes LG SJ, LG UJ, LG LJ, LG OLED *7.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Hello XfinityAshley -

Thank you for the reply and information.

I think it's great that "Official Xfinity Employee"s monitor these forums!

However, I have more questions now.

The information you provide seems to be cut-and-paste from the documentation in the link I provided, so it is not really new information for me.

I am sorry for not phrasing my question very well, but let me add more questions.

Do you have more detailed information, or are you just simply quoting what's documented?

In other words, it is possible that the documentation was just not updated for the new model?

Or was the Xfinity software not yet updated?

If not, why not?

Did LG change their API?

If so, do you have information as to when Xfinity will update their software?

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

@user_80db58 Our support documents are always up-to-date with what is currently supported for our Xfinity Stream Beta app. We understand the eagerness to want to use this awesome feature on your smart TV. Also, are you experiencing this in-home error message on any other compatible devices as well that use our Stream app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the information.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_80db58

You are most welcome! Thanks for coming to our Xfintiy Forums to work with us. Is there anything further we can assist you with regarding the Xfintiy Stream app?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

sure ... notify me when the app is supported on the LG OLED *X TV's

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for your interest, @user_80db58, we won't be able to send a direct notification regarding that version's compatibilities, however, we do encourage you to check our support document or feel free to reach back out to us right here on our Forums! We are available 24/7!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityValerie

This article says that the LG CX series tvs are compatible with xfinity.  Are you saying that this statement does not mean it is compatable with the xfinity app?  

https://techpenny.com/smart-tvs-xfinity/

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_943e88

Thank you for reaching back out! It looks like that is great news that this model is available with Peacock streaming which is an app you can download and enjoy free content on. This is a streaming app that we provide and with Xfintiy Flex or our X-1 platform, you get Peacock Premium free. However, the Xfintiy Stream app is a different app and may not be compatible still. One suggestion that you may consider is that you can use the Xfintiy Stream app in a Roku device and if you can connect that to this TV, then you would be able to access this app via the Roku platform on the TV instead. Have you tried or have you considered this option?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here