U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 15th, 2022 10:50 PM

Closed

CABLE TURNS OFF, THEN BACK ON

Why does my TV turn off, then back on 1-2 sec later? I believe it's the box and would like to have a replacement asap. I have re booted

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

3 years ago

Hi this forum is for the Stream website. You should post your question in the X1 section here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/topics/x1/602d56fae6b3965d18e3a599

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_111ddb, thank you for reaching out to help with your TV services. When you notice the TV turn off, is it the TV itself or is the Xfinity box rebooting? Also, how often does this happen, and does it seem to happen at random or during specific times? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRyanE​ 

Hello Ryan,

I have the same problem noted above but I see no answer on the forum.  I have a Samsung TV setup with a Yamaha receiver for sound.  The comcast remote is programmed to operate both TV and stereo functions.  My problem is that the power off button on the comcast remote shuts both systems off but then two seconds later the TV turns back on again.  I have to use my Samsung remote control to shut it off (again).  Please help!

This reply has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I received my second 4K box about a week ago and now doing same as the first: The box turns on after a second or so it tuns off then second later comes back on. This goes on for anywhere from 5 to 10 times, and sometimes more.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@Bob-B30 I would like to take a closer look at your equipment. Can you please open your own post and describe your issues for me. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here