elp2991's profile

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Sat, Apr 23, 2022 3:25 AM

Amazon Prime

I tried to watch the Yankee game tonight on Prime Video. When I logged on it said that I was blacked out. I am in the NY tri stste area and should have been able to see the game. I can watch it on my iphone and my Sony Smart TV but can't see it on the xfinity Prime Video app. Why?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

109 Messages

2分前

Hello @elp2991 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how important it is to ensure you have easy access to your games and we'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you.

Here are some steps you can try.

First, please make sure the TV box is update to date. If you have our X1 boxes, it should do this automatically every day. This link explains how to change the update time. https://comca.st/3LkUaoA

Next, please try restarting the TV box. This link explains how to restart the box. https://comca.st/3vc3Xrm

Lastly, if these steps do not help, please try reaching out to Amazon for further troubleshooting. While the app may be available on our box, we do not manage any of the content available through it so if there is an issue with what is showing Amazon would need to troubleshoot further.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. We are always here for you. 

elp2991

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2分前

I reached out to Amazon and was told they have no control and when I log in I should be able to see the game. Comcast said when I log on to Amazon through xfinitys Amazon App it shows my acct. Amazon thought comcast may be using a proxy server out side of the viewing area. Next game will be about one week and I will try again

Official Employee

• 

264 Messages

Sounds good @elp2991! If it happens during the next game let us know, we'll be happy to look further into this for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here